What's new

Stick Grip Question

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I am probably a minority here in that I've played almost every FG except MK, so the motion changes are making me reconsider my grip. I use a variation of the wineglass in which I grip upside down between my pinky and ring finger (think Daigo does this). I'm so used to this grip the I even pick up pens like this. However I am used to half and quarter circles but I'm noticing that BF causes me to pull sometimes and I get a down motion more and drop the input. I wanted to see what kind of grip you guys use for mk/igau since the BF motion is prevalent.

I know I could switch the control mechanism but I'm a purist and don't use macros and like the idea of playing how it would if it were an arcade release.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I thought about that but thanks to too much lab time I feel comitted to the original scheme. I was mostly curious if most mk players use a different grip because of the different motions. I always try to take notice on streams but I can never tell.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I grip the ball between my first 2 fingers and my thumb when I play MK or Injustice otherwise I grip it the same way you do.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I thought about that but thanks to too much lab time I feel comitted to the original scheme. I was mostly curious if most mk players use a different grip because of the different motions. I always try to take notice on streams but I can never tell.
Lol fair enough.

When I played on stick, I just left my hand off the stick, with my fingers curled around it. So the palm of my hand pushed right, thumb pushed left, and used my middle and ring fingers for down(ball top placed on under side of middle knuckles). For df/db, I pushed down then used my middle and ring fingers to go right or left by sliding them whichever way. For BF i would just twist at the wrist. Kinda hard to describe as I don't know the name of the grip. Lol