What's new

Tech "Stick Around...Get It?" The Updated Official Combo Thread.

Thanks illl have to test those out. Currently I have been doing f213 fury j3 f213 staff spin. I've been thinking about doing flying rayson instead of staff spin or just doing. 333 since it splats so far

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Thanks illl have to test those out. Currently I have been doing f213 fury j3 f213 staff spin. I've been thinking about doing flying rayson instead of staff spin or just doing. 333 since it splats so far
Staff spin cancelled into Escrima allows you to dash into their face, maintain pressure and control of the screen.

Yes, Flying Grayson will put them in the corner faster, but unless you're recovering from this Flying Grayson being directly ontop of them in the corner - than I would be cautious against it.

Otherwise, ending in Flying Grayson will send them full screen, but that's just it. You'll be staff stance, full screen. The situation is reset. What are our space control options? We can control them vertically with ground spark. We can control them horizontally with Flying Grayson. Both present a risk that we could have mitigated by ending in db3xx4 and the multitude of options we have in Escrima on an opponent in hard knockdown.

Don't get me wrong I like staff spin into escrima. Butthere are times when I think flying grayson is better for corner and resetting the game plan. And you have a completely different view of NW far range game than me. Ground spark is hardly any risk and if somone tries to jump to deal with it db2mb punishes them. Besides characters like hawkgirl and superman. NW stance fireball is a real threat

stay close blode
Staff db2~4 also gives you safe jumps (there are some in escrima that I'll show soon), no having to even worry about (most characters) wakeup options, you get free pressure and if they do the wrong thing combos.
I'm completely with you on ending with these things. I also like the 1d3 in staff because it gives plenty of good options for their wakeup. Oki > everything. Especially because the people I play mainly use Hawkgirl and Superman -_-

Staff zoning is pretty good, but its really not as good as our close game.

I have a question, if I press a button in the air I have more landing frames than if I empty jump. Anyone know how many?

TimTim

Don't Hate
@STB TakeAChance
Escrima f.3 in corner is
j.3 f.213 nj.3 wing ding
or when you do mb flip kick (you in corner and you cross up) f.3 j.3 f.213 nj.3 wd.
Both do 39%

Corner followup to escrima fury is j.3 f213 nj.3 wd
38% from f.213 starter.

Follow ups to staff b.3
b.3 j.2 3 1 spin/fg

NightwingDayZero

f213xx4xxdb2 Mb ji2 ji2 1 db3xx4 dash forward - 37% + corner advantage

And the corner combo was done off of a connecting frame trap string 112. Obviously you can do more damage with another combo, but if you want to block string them, and they aren't blocking - this is how you can maximize damage potential.

112 113xxDf2 d2xxdb1 MB ji3xxdb1 - 32%

AssassiN

Noob

f213xx4xxdb2 Mb ji2 ji2 1 db3xx4 dash forward - 37% + corner advantage

And the corner combo was done off of a connecting frame trap string 112. Obviously you can do more damage with another combo, but if you want to block string them, and they aren't blocking - this is how you can maximize damage potential.

112 113xxDf2 d2xxdb1 MB ji3xxdb1 - 32%
Good stuff with the corner carry, didn't realize he had so much corner carry.
You can however get more out of a 112 corner combo, I do not use D2 in combo's because it causes terrible scaling.

- 112, 113, 112~Escrima Fury, 113
- 112, 112, F213~Escrima Fury, 113

Replace the final 113 with J3~Wing Dings for max damage.
They should do around 34-36% meterless.

NightwingDayZero

- 112, 113, 112~Escrima Fury, 113
- 112, 112, F213~Escrima Fury, 113

Replace the final 113 with J3~Wing Dings for max damage.
They should do around 34-36% meterless.
Awesome, I'll be saving so much meter with these. I have a habit of burning through meter every time I get my opponent in the corner.

ChemSui

Like a retard, u never realize the danger
Situational semi corner, staff slam mb, flying grayson(when b3 won't reach),down1,1f1,staff spin. Think it was about 34%. Can also do f3 to flying grayson, d1,1f1 ender of choice for some swag or if you mb a f3. Comes to about the same damage at 34%. But alas very situational.

AssassiN

Noob
Any AA combos off of d+2? Or are both his d+2s not strong enough to be used as such?
His D2 in Escrima trades a lot and loses against too many jump-ins, D2 in Staff is weird. It's a pretty good AA IF it hits, however there are occasions where it will whiff even though it looks like it should hit them.

NightwingDayZero

His D2 in Escrima trades a lot and loses against too many jump-ins, D2 in Staff is weird. It's a pretty good AA IF it hits, however there are occasions where it will whiff even though it looks like it should hit them.

It beats Doomsday's body splash. I love it for this alone.

Staff D2 of course