What's new

State of the Game: From a Combo Breaker Competitor

UPR_Nova

Noob
I really think Geras needs to have his KB damage reduced. They all do like 300 damage lol. Also, even though I play Erron, fuck F4.
I don't think any reasonable Geras player would mind this. Even in addition to the other "nerfs." I like the word choice you use in the next post. In my opinion, that would be a normalization for Geras.

The only thing I disagree with is your Sonya analysis.
There is no reason to give her one of the best projectiles in the game and make her so dangerous up close. She needs to be fixed, her damage output makes nooooo sense.
If sonicfox had to fight any other character at Combo Breaker he wouldve won, Sonya is cancer.
Gotta say I do not agree with this at all. Scar played better. Go back and watch. You can not take away from his performance by saying oh it was just Sonya.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Gotta say I do not agree with this at all. Scar played better. Go back and watch. You can not take away from his performance by saying oh it was just Sonya.
Im not saying that. If you give a great player a broken character what do you think is going to happen? So because Scar did a coin flip and got 48% he played better? No way this is not MKX. Do you honestly think Sonya is fine the way she is?

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Im not saying that. If you give a great player a broken character what do you think is going to happen? So because Scar did a coin flip and got 48% he played better? No way this is not MKX. Do you honestly think Sonya is fine the way she is?
I half agree here. My only problem with characters like Sonya, LK etc. Is that they'll slaughter you up close, while still being able to arguably out-zone zoners. One or the other, as a previous post pointed out

Ayx

Omnipresent
The main problem I have w/ Sonya is how much damage she can dish out as a punish without a KB while other characters need the KBs to make their damage output viable. Also a factor is people will need to save both meters for a breakaway unless they want to eat that damage. Sonya however doesn't really need to be scared of a life deficit because she can regain it with ONE wrong button press compared to other chars who have to work hard for the same damage and some even risk it dropping on a female character (Which sonya is one of them).

She has crazy damage and her rings although not the best projectile in the game is ridiculous (IMO) that she has a overhead projectile AND a ring projectile that has KB potential which is fairly easy to get. Because of all her good options she doesn't need to care about breakaways as much allowing her to use her meters for getup options that aren't extremely common (her invincible getup for example). She just has too much utility as a character.

I never said Sonya was fine (I think she could use a bit of a nerf to her zoning), but I’m saying 50/50s into 40% combos was not how he won. Go back and count how many times that happens. A lot of his damage came from anti-airs, rings, mids, throws, wakeups, flawless block reversals etc.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I never said Sonya was fine (I think she could use a bit of a nerf to her zoning), but I’m saying 50/50s into 40% combos was not how he won. Go back and count how many times that happens. A lot of his damage came from anti-airs, rings, mids, throws, wakeups, flawless block reversals etc.
True but Sometimes the threat of an attack is worse then the attack itself, Sonya didnt have to worry about anything because she had more then what she needs. Sonic had to play super aggressive to even stand a chance because we all know if your sitting there tryna play defensive ur getting zoned out or mixed. But then again maybe Erron Black might've stood a better chance.

UPR_Nova

Noob
"I play Geras. The S++++ characters are fair"
If that's directed at me it's completely incorrect. I played Geras against randoms in my pool. I main Jax, and is who I played against Buffalo and Coach Steve. Reading and/or comprehension rather than jumping to conclusions and being passive aggressive. If I'm misinterpreting and you're arguing that Jax is S+, I apologize and we can have that discussion. Otherwise, relax.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Good write up. The only things I disagree are Sonya's damage and Erron's safety need to be toned down a bit. Agreed with Scorpion, Jaqui, Subs and Jax being fine. They have their strengths, but they also have their weaknesses. The only overpowered thing about these chars is online.

UPR_Nova

Noob
It seems to be with Sonya and Erron Black that most people seem to disagree. Honestly, it's difficult to argue with these perspectives. Maybe I need to think about them some more.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
It seems to be with Sonya and Erron Black that most people seem to disagree. Honestly, it's difficult to argue with these perspectives. Maybe I need to think about them some more.
Imo any character, whatever their design is supposed to be, shouldn't do 40% damage for one bar like Sonya does. And Erron is safe on everything. Most of the cast is unsafe on something.

sgZick

Noob
Interesting read, but I like to point out that only a limited amount of individuals on TYM think Jade is "hot garbage". She seems to be one of the characters that the community is very undecided abount, from useless, to sleeper hit, to (what I think) just good...

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dang. I didn't realize I looked over 3,209,299 other threads. I'm sorry. And to come in this thread just to say that....I hope your day gets better LMAO.
My bad. I shouldn't have been sarcastic. I should just said your post is dumb. If you think Erron Black, with a safe hit confirmable meterless. launching overhead string and his projectile parry and the rest of his garbage, is FINE, then maybe you should check if somehow you got a concussion at combobreaker.

The top tier isn't just top tier, they're stupid and they make the game stupid too. Nerf them.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I love that he had to put he's a CB Competitor for people to consider his opinion lol
Good lord. I just put that in there to stress reasoning with experience behind, rather than posting something out of the blue. I don't care if people consider the opinions or not. The first couple lines of the post say it all. F me lol.

My bad. I shouldn't have been sarcastic. I should just said your post is dumb. If you think Erron Black, with a safe hit confirmable meterless. launching overhead string and his projectile parry and the rest of his garbage, is FINE, then maybe you should check if somehow you got a concussion at combobreaker.

The top tier isn't just top tier, they're stupid and they make the game stupid too. Nerf them.
A simple "I disagree" is a great way to get the point across instead of being a complete prick. Honest question, wtf did I do?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Good lord. I just put that in there to stress reasoning with experience behind, rather than posting something out of the blue. I don't care if people consider the opinions or not. The first couple lines of the post say it all. F me lol.

A simple "I disagree" is a great way to get the point across instead of being a complete prick. Honest question, wtf did I do?
The fact that you needed to put it reflects on the health of the community.
People on this forum love to take a moral high ground and attack you personally if your opinion and theirs does not match.
It's not your fault, don't misunderstand.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

It's nothing YOU did. It's flashbacks to people defending cyrax, and superman, and sonya, and black adam, and all the rest. While 15 characters struggle to play the game the way it was designed. I don't want to buff all the characters to the point of stupid like the top tier. I want to bring down top to not be stupid. And erron black and geras in particular are stupid.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I don't want to buff all the characters to the point of stupid like the top tier. I want to bring down top to not be stupid. And erron black and geras in particular are stupid.
^ This here right here there. There here this right. Here. This.
Not even kidding though, all the 9f advancing safe mids into launchers, dumb teleports, combo damage from certain characters, just #fuckno, #notlikethis and this is totally not what we were promised.

UPR_Nova

Noob
What's the path for overall changes then? I'm starting to be in the boat of damage normalization (addicted to that word now) across the cast rather than touching buttons, unless it's reasonable. I'm also seeing the merit in changes to Erron Black and Sonya. Honestly, I wouldn't mind them either way.

I see a lot of small things needing to be hashed out. If what I see in character forums and hear from reasonable people that travel is true, the top characters have the potential to remove the rock bottom from the select screen. I'm hesitant to say that but I trust the opinions of others. If that's the case, how do we adjust? And, because I know admittedly little about the lowest of the low, what tools do they need?

UPR_Nova

Noob
The fact that you needed to put it reflects on the health of the community.
People on this forum love to take a moral high ground and attack you personally if your opinion and theirs does not match.
It's not your fault, don't misunderstand.
Apologies. I shouldn't be so defensive and I agree with that.

UPR_Nova

Noob
It's nothing YOU did. It's flashbacks to people defending cyrax, and superman, and sonya, and black adam, and all the rest. While 15 characters struggle to play the game the way it was designed. I don't want to buff all the characters to the point of stupid like the top tier. I want to bring down top to not be stupid. And erron black and geras in particular are stupid.
I can agree with this. Call me crazy but I don't see these characters in the same boat as a Cyrax. I played a ton of Injustice but I don't feel like I should speak on that because I dropped it like the first year.

And I won't lie, I don't know much about the lower. I do know they need something but I won't claim to know what it is. What do you think is the key/universal separator of the killers and the less used?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jacqui bruh. I cannot stress enough how much I REALLY hate Jacqui.
I don't hate anything or anyone, too much effort.
I do dislike that there are characters which can cancel their SAFE SPACING TOOL into huge damage and then clowns tell me that my character is omfg top tier amazing perfect needs no changes when her UNSAFE SPACING TOOLS lead to NOTHING XD
And then the same clown goes to play Scorpion, Sonya or Geras / considers dropping Jade.

lmfao this "community".
Don't take tym seriously, bruh.
Do work, lab characters, play who works for you.
Fuck what people think.