What's new

Start of The Game Tier List

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
This idea is from @AK SaltFace to gauge the community on their opinions of who has the most advantage when the announcer says BEGIN! I think Martian Manhunter would be at the top of the list with trait 3. What about you guys? Feel free to list characters with their options as such:

S tier
Martian Manhunter: Trait 3, Trait 2, close orb, etc.
Green Lantern on Arkham: B1, TV, lift(in case of jump)
Superman on Arkham(Pig): F23

A tier
Bane: Trait Uppercut, Charge
Flash: Flying Uppercut, B2
Doomsday: D1
Wonder Woman: B2
Joker: D2
Lex Luthor: J3
Zod: F213 Trait

Grundy: Walking Corpse
Lobo: Standing 3
Batman: Sparkles
Batgirl: Flying Bat
Catwoman: J2, B3
Nightwing: B2, Instant Wingdings
Zatanna: Instant J1, Standing 3

B tier
Shazam: B2, Herculean Might
Superman: F23
Deathstroke: Sword Flip

C tier:
Green Arrow: Savage Blast
Harley Quinn: Jump back gun, Tantrum

Last edited:

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
MMH and GL for sure. I'd say Bane isn't far behind them--he can venom up and charge/uppercut at you almost immediately, gaining armor and stopping setups and interactables early.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
WoWos b2 isn 't too bad for checking your opponent at the beginning, you can jump out of it but if you jump in or don't block it's free damage and possibly a combo depending on how close you are. B tier maybe?

Bane and Joker's d2 is pretty good, Lex's j3 is awesome, and Superman's f2 reaches the opponent at the start, if they're trying to do something other than block. But Green Lantern's got my vote, he's just got so much to work with at the start

SZSR

Noob
B tier: Shazam with b2 or HM

They're great in that they both reach a mid screen distance but b2 is stuffed by most options, and HM is prone to simple ducking.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
How is Flash not on this list? Start with a 6f flying uppercut to win if your opponent does anything except block. If he jumps back, flying uppercut into trait gives 50% damage with no meter. If he blocks then too bad for you but you've still managed to condition him for the next match that you're willing to start with flying uppercut so he has to respect that.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
How is Flash not on this list? Start with a 6f flying uppercut to win if your opponent does anything except block. If he jumps back, flying uppercut into trait gives 50% damage with no meter. If he blocks then too bad for you but you've still managed to condition him for the next match that you're willing to start with flying uppercut so he has to respect that.
Because it's being made as we go.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Grundy's standing 2 big boot is pretty good*

*by pretty good I mean that I know it does well against everything Nightwing does at the beginning of a game minus instant wingdings. That's the only matchup I have taken an interest in "options v options" at the start of a round

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Grundy's standing 2 big boot is pretty good*

*by pretty good I mean that I know it does well against everything Nightwing does at the beginning of a game minus instant wingdings. That's the only matchup I have taken an interest in "options v options" at the start of a round

If someone can tell me how it fares against the rest of the cast, it will be added to the list.

@Mikemetroid