What's new

standing 3 tech?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
D3 is +10 on hit on a crouching opponent and standing 3 is 10 frames so after hitting a d3 u can hit confirm it dash in and do standing 3 which cannot be neutral crouched if close enough. standing 3 on hit is +4 which leads to many options and mind games. If standing 3 is blocked your at the perfect range for 24 string and to bait whiffs or jumps.

D3 is +10 on hit on a crouching opponent and standing 3 is 10 frames so after hitting a d3 u can hit confirm it dash in and do standing 3 which cannot be neutral crouched if close enough. standing 3 on hit is +4 which leads to many options and mind games. If standing 3 is blocked your at the perfect range for 24 string and to bait whiffs or jumps.

This technology is really very good .. I use this a lot .. as you say, because after pressing 3 you can stand up to 2,4 if the character immediately crashes when I do (1,1,2,1,2) + 3 + hat low or 3 + Tele3 or 3 +2.4 (1+2)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If a d3 hits crouching u cant do 1 or 2 without getting poked out but they cant stop the standing three tha'ts the point of this tech.
Dashing takes frames,by the time the 3 comes out,you've kissed your poke adv goodbye.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ive been testing it offline for the past hour if done correctly you cant poke out
How?You've got 10 frames advantage and standing 3 is 10 frames,unless you magically teleport in front of your opponent you've already lost frames and can probably be d1/d3'd

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
if 3 hits they have to respect another d3 you don't even have to dash or you can d4 which is 8 frames with the +4 frames they can jump but that's where the spin comes in. If 3 is blocked your at neutral and the perfect spacing for 24 which is 7 frames or you can bait a whiffed string which u can blow up or bait a jump you can even blow up a whiffed poke with eh spin. If they just block u can throw, jump in f4 f3 this leads to many options.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
How?You've got 10 frames advantage and standing 3 is 10 frames,unless you magically teleport in front of your opponent you've already lost frames and can probably be d1/d3'd
Iam telling you that if done right you cant be poked out of. The dash needed for the 3 to connect is really really small. All i can say is go test it for your self.

Iam telling you that if done right you cant be poked out of. The dash needed for the 3 to connect is really really small. All i can say is go test it for your self.
I still have 2 problems with his tech:

1st because you need to do it so fast, you won't be able to hitconfirm the d3
2nd the range at which your d3 hits will vary so will the standing 3 beat the poke at all ranges?

If I am correct you get +10 on hit and the standing 3 is 10 frames which makes you standing 3 0 frames without calculating the dash frames, so to beat the opponents pokes your dash needs to be less than 6 frames without counting the frames for the input and your timing.

standing 3 is a good move though and I really believe there is a use for this move.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I still have 2 problems with his tech:

1st because you need to do it so fast, you won't be able to hitconfirm the d3
2nd the range at which your d3 hits will vary so will the standing 3 beat the poke at all ranges?

If I am correct you get +10 on hit and the standing 3 is 10 frames which makes you standing 3 0 frames without calculating the dash frames, so to beat the opponents pokes your dash needs to be less than 6 frames without counting the frames for the input and your timing.

standing 3 is a good move though and I really believe there is a use for this move.
You can punish blocked d1s with a d3 with practice, that's where this tech would come into play. Your making it seem like it's too hard to be viable which its not. I could make the same argument about the other player timing his d1. The dash that is needed is so small that your probably only lose 4-6 frames. A good situation for it would be after landing 1121 you read they're going to d1 so you block it punish it with a d3 get your +10 then go strait for a 3. The spacing on the blocked 3 and on hit is the reason to even try this tech it leads to so many options.

You can punish blocked d1s with a d3 with practice, that's where this tech would come into play. Your making it seem like it's too hard to be viable which its not. I could make the same argument about the other player timing his d1. The dash that is needed is so small that your probably only lose 4-6 frames. A good situation for it would be after landing 1121 you read they're going to d1 so you block it punish it with a d3 get your +10 then go strait for a 3. The spacing on the blocked 3 and on hit is the reason to even try this tech it leads to so many options.
that might be good. havent thought about that. but in a normal poke situation you cant use this. if it is for counterpoking this might be good I will try it out.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The hit box on :fk is really shitty, and can be ducked very easily.

Its weird too, you can only land a standing :fk if just framed from a 21, and 11, but not 112, and obviously not 1121.

Plus, if you were to go for a :fk from a hit :d:fk, then why not go for 21 as :fk on it's own won't lead to anything on it, and if the :fk hits, then you dropped a whole 21 combo op.

The hit box on :fk is really shitty, and can be ducked very easily.

Its weird too, you can only land a standing :fk if just framed from a 21, and 11, but not 112, and obviously not 1121.

Plus, if you were to go for a :fk from a hit :d:fk, then why not go for 21 as :fk on it's own won't lead to anything on it, and if the :fk hits, then you dropped a whole 21 combo op.
cant they poke between the d3 and standing 2? standing 2 whiffs on neutral crouch and it even whiffs completely on low hitbox characters on low block.