What's new

Standing 2 as an anti-air? Viable?

I've had relatively decent success (even online) with 2xxVB as an anti-air.

The only hicckup is that the 2 has such a weird hitbox that sometimes the opponent is low to the ground, or high as hell where you have to leap like a God to touch them.

So if they're really high, you can 2xxVB, 2xxVB, Grab, F2xxVB, B31xxSupermandathoeeee.
That combo might be wrong, but it's something similar to that, I'll edit this post a couple hours from now once I get back to my console.

If they're low, it's something like 2xxVB, Grab, F2xxVB, 334xxSuperman or B31Superman.

Either way, I quite remember being able to get about 30% for a standing 2 anti-air.

But that's not the point. Question: Is standing 2 a good anti-air because of it's gigamo hitbox and pretty good start up? Or do people use the typical standing 1? Which (and please provide legitimate points, and not personal preference like F2xxVB feels funny) do you think is better and why?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
1 is a better anti air as its faster and hits higher. You can use 1xxVB dash shocker or 1 dash 1xxshocker or whatever really.

The faster and the higher the better it is for an anti-air is the general rule of thumb.

I use 1, its 9 frames as opposed to 11 (when ur up against 6 frame jps (correct me if im wrong) it counts, its a tight window) it seems to have a better hit box, better reach i think too. I generally go straight into aab superman

that being said standing 2 looks higher.

though you could go standing 1 vb shocker 334 superman i think thats max damage ive come up with. also for crossovers down1 vb can work but t

he vb has a very tight window connect

If anyone knows a way to test this, I'd like to know two things:
Which (1 or 2) has a better vertical hitbox, for jump in distance?
And which (1 or 2) has a better horizontal hitbox, for jump in + 1 foot distance?

My footsie game is pretty solid, and knowing which would be better for specific distances would help my AA game that doesn't rely on meter.