What's new

Standing 1 viable?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
As I play Jax I constantly delay 1 alternating D1 , 12 etc. for pressure.But I noticed sometimes when a single standing 1 hits it stuns an enemy long enough for a somewhat safe JIP.So far it's been working well and so I started to punish with standing 1 for free pressure.

My question is just is this viable for high-level gameplay?Does it compare to a full-combo punish?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
In the sense you're talking, it sort of is and isn't. It's very unlikely you're going to land a standing 1 unless its from a jip against people who are knowledgable against Jax. The way advantage in this game works is odd, if you do a naked standing 1 and it hits you can bag a free throw if the opponent does anything other than crouch without blocking. However if you do two standing 1s in a row or JIP standing 1 you're completely neutral, it's very strange.

Naked standing 1 also guarentees a free f4. if the opponent doesn't block f41 then you can keep repeating it until they block low and then throw, f3xxGG/OS/DP, d4xxOS, or hit confirm f41 into 3/4/OS/whatever to make it safe (against large hitbox characters anyway, small ones can mess you up big time after blocking the f4).

To punish something like Reptile's dash for example, it's cetainly an option, but I prefer to just go for f4~etc. for now.