What's new

Tech - Gunslinger Stand Off Stance as a Quick Get-Up Option.

LDHaten

Noob
- This might sound nooby, as I haven't played much MKX yet, so I'm not entirely sure how many frames quick wake-ups and delayed wake-ups get after hard knockdown or untech-able knockdown, but I've heard that you can still wake-up with an attack.

- Although I don't have it recorded or anything, I was messing around in the lab when I realized SO counts as a wake-up attack. While knocked down, I input DB1 and Erron almost immediately got back up to standing position in SOS.

- To test my theory, I recorded the AI doing a JIP & JIK while I was hard knocked down, and mashed B2, my usual anti-air choice as it has a large hitbox and links into a lot of stuff, but has a 15 frame start up. Of course, getting knocked down and then waking up with the B2 leads to me getting kicked in the face. However, I input DB11 and Erron instantly got back up to his feet, with no get-up animation. I also input DB12, and Erron instantly quickshot the AI out of the air, again with no get-up animation, he was just already standing like he was never knocked down.

- Seeing as how SOS has 1 frame start up, and Holster (Cancelling the stance) has 1 frame start-up, I was able to get up almost immediately. I'm not sure how this compares to a quick wake-up, nor am I even sure I'm seeing it right, but it's my belief that SOS is a viable wake-up technique, but I'd really like someone to clarify, because I'm still not entirely sure if this is even a real thing, if it's new, or if it's been well known and I'm just spouting noob proofs.

---Please someone clarify!

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Good idea! But the frame data is wrong so they're most likely not 1 frame of startup, even if they were they have too much recovery. You may as well just get up lol. Could be useful in some situations and probably needs to be looked into more though.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah the only thing I could see wake up SOS being useful would be if you got sent full screen, but even then waking up with grenade would probably be better

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
This is only really useful on a read at either sweep range or jump in distance after knock down. If they're on top of you looking to meaty you, your toast. I only wake up into stance against sub zero in the corner after an ice clone set up. Alot of grandmaster's clone and wait for your reaction on wakeup. Every once in awhile I wakeup SOS3 through their clone.

InFlames

dead
I like the idea, but to go into SOS and then cancel takes around 22f in total. Not sure how practical that could be.