What's new

Stages? (pure speculation/wishing/circle-jerking)

What stages would you wanna see return in MK X?

Stuff I'd wanna see return/redesigned inlude:

This solely because of how rad it's music is. That and if Kenshi's in the game, it could be a part of his story.

The Nethership could work as well. Maybe it's docked at The Cove?

And lastly, this. Reptile doesn't even need to be in the game. This stage was too rad in MK4 (the Armageddon version sucked doe), so I hope it's viable enough to be included.

And yeah, this is just meant for speculation/wishing/circle-jerking. Ain't nothing here confirmed. (Yet?)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I want Subby's Ice Pit from MK4.
But maybe they meant the woods we saw in the videos to be Subby's stage so we might not get it :(

I want Subby's Ice Pit from MK4.
But maybe they meant the woods we saw in the videos to be Subby's stage so we might not get it :(
The Ice Pit was pretty rad. Could've been more fleshed out and whatnot, but yeah, seems like Subby's stage is those woods.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Blue Elder Brickfaces? As far as I'm concerned, MK9's redesign of Nexus was used as replacement for this arena as well

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I would love to have the Chamber of Artifacts and the Sky Temple, they were amazing stages with a really memorable music, I'm not sure they would work in 2D though. Maybe we could be inside the Sky Temple instead of outside of it.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
I would love to have the Chamber of Artifacts and the Sky Temple, they were amazing stages with a really memorable music, I'm not sure they would work in 2D though. Maybe we could be inside the Sky Temple instead of outside of it.
Chamber of Artifacts is iffy, due to storyline relation with Red Dragon clan (and embarrasingly enough all related characters were omitted from sole game this stage was present in) - and I assume whole Red Dragon story as well as Taven/Blaze/Armageddon story will be dropped altogether from MKX.

As for the Sky Temple, it is quite possible to make a 2D version, as seen in these two examples:
-last video must be skipped to 3:30 to see the stage

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Give us:
The lost world (with a stage fatality sending ppl trough the portal)
I felt this stage shouldn't be left out of MK9, because it was one of the most memorable UMK3 stages ever, also because of the portal atmosphere, and we always wanted this stage to pit ppl trought the portal, this stage should be in MKX, i don't see reason why it wouldn't. All the time i battled in this stage, it felt refreshing

The original warrior shrine
The temple gate and Warrior shrine merged in MK9, that wansn't a bad idea, yet, just look at this, and tell me its not missing?

Bridge of Immortality
Honestly this needs a fighting stage, one of the most memorable places of netherrealm and is right at the Shinnok's Pyramid doorstep, the masterpiece @Danforden created for this is unforgettable

Sky Temple
Possibly the most anticipated stage to return, seriously who hates Sky temple? This is also one of REO's favourites stages and theme

I know NRS so far has been doing new stages, i have nothing against it, Bridge of Immortality never was a stage so it could be awesome, IMO Netherrealm has such places that, most of them could be some very good stages.
Kia, Jataaka ans Sareena's Arena
Soul Prision
Shinnoks Pyramid
Netherrealm Cliffs

I would be happy if The Lost world and Sky temple could be in MKX, i don't care much about the rest aside for bridge of Imortality.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I'd like to see a variety. Maybe one in the deep forest, or out in Russia somewhere with big ass mountains in the background.

Flagg

Noob
Chamber of Artifacts is iffy, due to storyline relation with Red Dragon clan (and embarrasingly enough all related characters were omitted from sole game this stage was present in) - and I assume whole Red Dragon story as well as Taven/Blaze/Armageddon story will be dropped altogether from MKX.

As for the Sky Temple, it is quite possible to make a 2D version, as seen in these two examples:
-last video must be skipped to 3:30 to see the stage
Oh wow, a 2D version of CSZ!! Where is this from?

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Give us:
The lost world (with a stage fatality sending ppl trough the portal)
I felt this stage shouldn't be left out of MK9, because it was one of the most memorable UMK3 stages ever, also because of the portal atmosphere, and we always wanted this stage to pit ppl trought the portal, this stage should be in MKX, i don't see reason why it wouldn't. All the time i battled in this stage, it felt refreshing
in MK9 they fucked up by including no MK2 Portal, no MK3 Lost Portal, no UMK3 Lost Bridge/Scislac Busorez that you showed. MK9 = no portal stages At All :(
Oh wow, a 2D version of CSZ!! Where is this from?
MKPO aka Mortal Kombat Project Online (a fanmade game with netplay I was working on in my spare time). Also technically first MK game to include grooves system. Currently it undergoes major rehash, but you can get last revision released here

If that is interesting to somebody I could make separate thread if there wasn't one already, I wasn't on this forum for a long time so i forgot.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
If all these classic stages make a return, which interactables do you think they will get? (aside of obvious throwing rocks/skulls/spikeballs at MK4 stages)

On a side note, I wonder how does it feel for OP to have his tattoo outdated due to Boon's schemes?