What's new

Stage advantages for P1 and P2

TONY-T

Mad scientist
This may have been discussed already, i dont know. Im sure some people are already aware.

The watch tower stage seems to hold a significant advantage for whoever is on P2 side, due to the interactables constantly coming in from the P2 side.

Im sure their are other stages with advantages for both P1 and P2.

How does everyone feel about this?

i think its bad and interactables do too much damage anyway. i also noticed that when you knock someone through the jokers asylum transition, the harmed player always gets the pig side. so when hes got the lifelead its no good idea to use that transition.

jaym7018

Noob
I guess you could argue thats the point of the coin toss. But i dont like it . Stage transitions are cool but the interactables are over the top effective. Like ferris both guys jump for the bomb at the start everytime its a free 20% first hit its dumb.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was in a survivor lobby and I won a good total of my matches because i'd pick stages where the transition was on the P2 side.

Sidenote: Doomsday's wallbounce is fucking ridiculous, the hitbox on that thing is crazy, and it's fast.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i think the transitions are great and make the level actually matter in this game, if you use them properly you can win even if youre down alot. i dont see anything wrong with them i mean theyre unblockable but all of them are dodgeable sometimes very easily

oh serious thread.
yeah I agree with the watch tower ( Deck ) only because all the stage weapons flow to the left of the stage where larger combo damage can be obtained than the right especially with those things flying in that direction mixed with the jet fire.
even on the right side of the field, the computer allows characters to jump farther to the left. The stage transition is on the right side which in my analysis makes the reactor core the most neglected stage all tho a very good one.
case in point I think that Watch Tower Deck has broken flow that hiders the balance of the start a match
also that Atlantis is a even fair map and should be selected as dedicated stage for GF matches as we pick Kahn's Colosseum

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ferris Aircraft is full of shit to throw and use.

I did the dirtiest shit the other day.

I was fighting an aquaman player(I was Black Adam) and we were tied at about 40% health, I dash to the left corner and he follows.

I hit his ass with that giant swinging shuttle and I dashed up twice before he hit the ground and hit him with a super.

Shit was so awesome.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i think its bad and interactables do too much damage anyway. i also noticed that when you knock someone through the jokers asylum transition, the harmed player always gets the pig side. so when hes got the lifelead its no good idea to use that transition.
The person who hits you through the Scarecrow transition lands right by the face on the pillar for an easy grab... who cares about the pig side, you just hit them for hella damage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Aquamans Atlantis stage is 100% symmetrical and the prettiest :D

also man fuck da watch tower! here here!
Atlantis is also Deathstroke's best stage by far.

You guys just have to learn the stages. You can counter your opponents trying to use them.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

You guys just have to learn the stages. You can counter your opponents trying to use them.
Why do you say that? I feel like it is one of his worst because you can ride that pole to move in on him quicker, or at least that gives you another option. When I play as Deathstroke I always feel like the Watch Tower is the best stage for him since he can sit back and zone and just wait for the interactables to come to him if he wants to toss them.

THTB

Why do you say that? I feel like it is one of his worst because you can ride that pole to move in on him quicker, or at least that gives you another option. When I play as Deathstroke I always feel like the Watch Tower is the best stage for him since he can sit back and zone and just wait for the interactables to come to him if he wants to toss them.
Deathstroke is a gadget-type zoner, so he gets the water pump instead of the tank break in the corners. And they only have cooldown. The tablet and globe near the corners always jump away, and he can use the pipe himself to maneuver. It's a really good stage for him.

Reactions: RYX

that stage gots something for everyone. big guys can dismantle all the corner and side traps but little guys still have the pipe always.
you gotta look at what every character can do on it and see that its simply the best. its even got a sick chair bounce

THTB

Yeah, it's the most symmetrical, but it's also Deathstroke's best stage.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Never thought of it that way.

As in gadget characters can get multiple uses out of things but power characters can permanently disable shit.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Deathstroke is a gadget-type zoner, so he gets the water pump instead of the tank break in the corners. And they only have cooldown. The tablet and globe near the corners always jump away, and he can use the pipe himself to maneuver. It's a really good stage for him.
Eh, I still wouldn't be bothered if a DS player wanted this stage tbh. I am not worried about the stuff on that stage more than anything else really. Plus, I am sure it probably has something to do with who you are playing as too and can't really be looked at as 1-sided. With Killer Frost or other air dashing characters I am sure having that pole for an easy instant way in if you time it right is extremely nice and keeps the DS player from flow-chart zoning.

THTB

Eh, I still wouldn't be bothered if a DS player wanted this stage tbh. I am not worried about the stuff on that stage more than anything else really. Plus, I am sure it probably has something to do with who you are playing as too and can't really be looked at as 1-sided. With Killer Frost or other air dashing characters I am sure having that pole for an easy instant way in if you time it right is extremely nice and keeps the DS player from flow-chart zoning.
Yeah, for me, as a GL player, DS on that stage is awful.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke benefits from stage knowledge and awareness more than anybody in my opinion. :v

In king of Hill i got 20 wins with superman, first use to Fortress of Solitude first level stage and ever to win the star in the midle (original starship from Superman baby i guess), then i saw the advantage of the second level "Animal collection" of the Fortress, won a lot of battles because the wasp are in mi side ( P1 king´s side ) from the begin of the fight.