Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tier List

A: Chun, Guile
B+: Dhalsim
B: Balrog, Ryu, Bison, Akuma, Honda, Sagat
C+: Blanka, Fei, Ken
C: Vega, Cammy, Dee Jay, Zangief
D: T. Hawk
Got bored last night and decided to take all the SSFIV characters from ST and make a tier list out of them. I was interested in seeing how much Japan's current list would change if you took out everyone excluding the ST characters. Those are pretty much the results. The tier groupings were based on matchup win percentage. Basically...the tier difference is every 4 points, or every 2.5%.

Interesting, no?

Notes:

-There's a HUGE difference between Gief and Hawk. Hawk is so low, so I made an exception for him, otherwise he'd be E+ tier, lol.
-Guile and Chun are tied for #1, and both occupy the top tier. Interesting enough, both characters have 4-6 matchups vs Akuma.
-Compared to the complete list, Honda drops a ton. The top 3 give him a good deal of trouble, but he gets his spot because C tier and lower are mostly 6-4 matchups in his favor...in sorta the same manner as his ST incarnation.
-The two worst characters both lose hard to Sagat.
-Blanka is the only character in the lower half that actually has a 5-5 or better vs the top 2.
-Ryu's worst matchups, for the most part, lie within the top 6 on the list.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Chun Li vs Honda isn't 7-3, maybe 6-4

Chun Li vs Sagat isn't 6-4 maybe 5-5 or even in Sagat's favor.

Chun Li vs Cammy isn't 6-4, probably the opposite.

Guile isn't 3-7 against Dhalsim, it's close to even.

Guile isn't 7-3 Bison, 6-4.

Guile isn't anywhere close to 6-4 against Sagat, either 5-5 or 4-6.

There are a lot more matchups that aren't quite right, not going to write them all.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm simply using the JP tier list. I know certain matchups are weird.