What's new

SSF4 Arcade version updates

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
[REDIRECT]http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-location-test-character-change-confirmations-1729/[/REDIRECT]

5:38PM PST-Yun's Genei Jin is his super. No word yet on his Ultras. (Anonymous Location Tester)
5:44PM PST-Ingrid is nowhere to be seen. (Anonymous Location Tester)
5:57PM PST-Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:02PM PST-Yang also has his 3s target combos (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:18PM PST-Hakan's oil now stacks and he has a Kick follow-up to Oil. He can reportedly combo standing light kick into Oil.(Anonymous Location Tester)
6:27PM PST-Hakan's kick followup might be on Oil Slide. Waiting for confirmation, this was worded oddly.(Anonymous Location Tester)
6:43PM PST-Zangeif's EX Green Hand no longer causes knockdown. (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:44PM PST-Blocked Blanka Ball distance is halved. (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:45PM PST-Ryu and Akuma's Air hurricane kicks are not good for escaping anymore. (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:46PM PST-Juri's kick fireball combos more naturally (not sure what this means)(Anonymous Location Tester)
6:47PM PST-Something drastic has been done to Seth's jumping Hard Punch. It may be removed, waiting for more info. 2nd source confirms it has been removed. (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:51PM PST-Hakan can cancel 360K move now, reportedly with a crouch. (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:55PM PST-Honda U2 motion seems to have changed to HCBx2 (Anonymous Location Tester)
6:57PM PST-Hakan Slide Kick follow up seems to be auto oilup. (Anonymous Location Tester)
7:02PM PST-Zangeif jab SPD range seems bigger, but the source says it could be eyes playing tricks (Anonymous Location Tester)
7:09PM PST-Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo do near 50%, so it is looking like a very strong super.(Anonymous Location Tester)

[Notes from SRK Forums after the break]

Elstob from the SRK forums says he was at the location test and reported the following -

"- All Yun's specials are in there. Including Palm and Command Grab.
- Divekick is great, exactly like Rufus'
- His overhead (Toward and MK, can crossup a downed opponent).
- Ultra 1 looks like a few punches, then a Balrog Ultra 2 foot/ground stomp then a Makoto Ultra 1 punch into the air
- Ultra 2 was a few hits, then a Gen leg hurricane into the air, footstomps on their back back to the ground.
- Shoulder seemed to have worse range than you'd hope.
- Dragon Kicks seemed to trade quite a bit.

- Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibukis.
- EX Slashs looked like a great move, crazy fast.
- Super was Seiei Enbu
- Ultra 1 was a fancy ass version of Gens Punch Ultra 1, (it looked f'in cool though)."

From Azrael on the SRK Forums:

"Yun:
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.

U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.

Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).

Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.

Yang:
U1 Raishin Mahhaken, U2 Tenshin Senkyuu, Super Seiei Enbu

U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.

U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.

SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.

Ryu, Akuma:
If tatsu done in air at or before jump arc peak, becomes floaty and goes nowhere. Can no longer escape corner with air tatsu. Crossup tatsu still works.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low. More recovery on jab SRK. Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu.

Chun:
No apparent changes noticed, except sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun.

Guile:
Damage down, Sonic Boom does not build super meter.

Honda:
Damage down, U2 now HCBx2 motion. May be harder to combo into Hundred Hands.

Bison:
U2 now charge motion, way more recovery

Zangief:
Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased. EX Green Hand doesn't knock down.

Seth:
Dhalsim J.FP gone.

Cammy:
Normals easier to combo, but tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.

Makoto:
EX Hayate armor break, slightly faster walk speed, axe kicks more like 3S.

Dudley:
EX Ducking added - no armor. Moves the same distance as RH Ducking but recovers almost instantly. Crouch roundhouse different - faster? Not sure how but it is definitely different. J.RH knocks down air to air.

Blanka:
Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish."

That what is up so far if nobody saw this yet

Yun and Yang confirmed apparently, so I'd expect them for DLC

DC HUSTLE

Top Kontributor
HOLD UP NOW!!!!!!!! They're doing whatever. Seth's jump back fierce is gone wtf? He's gonna suck now. Guile sonic boom doesn't deal super meter WTF? WOW.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
what do they mean by this? you can blocked low now

why in the hell the keep making ryu weaker and weaker?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
what do they mean by this? you can blocked low now

why in the hell the keep making ryu weaker and weaker?
I assume you don't "duck" under his tatsu now when crouching, you actually block it while crouching

Anyway, I doubt most of these changes will see the light of day.

LIVE2DIE

Noob
What the crap?

You can't nerf Seth that much, no one is going to play him if they do that. Frick these people are stupid!

It seems like every characters potential has been cut in to 3\4 of that it used to be...not balance, just fail.

Dark_Rob

Noob
What the crap?

You can't nerf Seth that much, no one is going to play him if they do that. Frick these people are stupid!

It seems like every characters potential has been cut in to 3\4 of that it used to be...not balance, just fail.
Far be it for me to question Capcom, but I have to say I agree with some of what your saying. The original SF4 may have had a lot more abusable nonsense than SSF4, but it was also alot more fun that way(at least to me). Granted Im much more involved with the UMK3 scene now, but still, SSF4 was never going to hold my interest the way the original SF4 did. It was just more interesting with all that abusable stuff.......God I sound like Booya defending MKD lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
LOL @ removing Seth's j.fp, that is jokes man.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The Guile nerf was confirmed to be false.

A lot of the nerfs are indeed just removal of stuff not working as intended, or just abuseable stuff. It's a dumb approach to actually balancing a game, and like Rob said...it just makes the game less fun because everything's more limited. SSFIV would've been so much better if they actually went through with making everyone better instead of just compressing shit. This is why I don't even care for SSFIV all that much anymore...the shit is just full of characters who are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

What saddens me is that these nerfs are a DIRECT result of them listening to the mass of scrubs who cry "NERF THIS...NERF THAT!" It's stupid...and there's nothing anyone who understands the game can even do, because their voices won't be heard.

Actual arcade machine comes out in December. If they put the changes on console, I've heard we could see it around Evo next year