What's new

[spoilers]New 52 Justice League speculation

In the pages of the justice league there have been hints that some villains are being recruited for some kind of team. i don't think the person in charge is amanda waller. I think it could be lex luthor (don't read superman or action comics so i don't know what's his current status).

some of the members hinted to be recruited are scarecrow, cheetah and black manta.

as crazy as it may sound, i think the legion of doom will have an appearance in the new 52. it's just building up at the moment.

thoughts?

That would be tight. Who is all in the legion of doom?
in that pic, bizarro, gorilla grodd, giganta, riddler, captain cold, solomon grundy, brainiac, sinestro, toyman, black manta, cheetah, scarecrow and lex luthor. that's a lot, brainiac, bizarro, sinestro and solomon grundy seems unlikely.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
LOL I read the topic and thought we were gonna discuss roster picks but Legion of Doom?good I guess.
Lex is in prison but he can leave any time due to the failsafe in his eyelids that would let him ask for help.

Solo

Shadow Priest
I'm waiting for the DCAU version of the New 52. I read to much manga, get really confused when I start to read a comic.

I almost bought the New 52 J League though. Interested in this Supes/WW relationship.

LOL I read the topic and thought we were gonna discuss roster picks but Legion of Doom?good I guess.
Lex is in prison but he can leave any time due to the failsafe in his eyelids that would let him ask for help.
i'm okay with bitching about killer frost anytime :p. what's that about his eyelids?

CCVengeance

I'm waiting for the DCAU version of the New 52. I read to much manga, get really confused when I start to read a comic.

I almost bought the New 52 J League though. Interested in this Supes/WW relationship.
Enjoy it while you can.It wont last because DC sucks at this kind of stuff.

it's possible that the movies and maybe animated shows after the flashpoint paradox (the next animated movie) are new 52 inspired.

CCVengeance

i'm okay with bitching about killer frost anytime :p. what's that about his eyelids?
Okay basically Lex biult his own prison and actually made it so he really couldnt get out if he wanted to.He does,however,have some sort of mini-computer under his eyelids that activate when he is sunlight which moves his conciousness to a phychic room where he disccusses plans with his supervillain team.

Okay basically Lex biult his own prison and actually made it so he really couldnt get out if he wanted to.He does,however,have some sort of mini-computer under his eyelids that activate when he is sunlight which moves his conciousness to a phychic room where he disccusses plans with his supervillain team.
lex is badass. i have to read that, action comics or superman?

Solo

Shadow Priest
it's possible that the movies and maybe animated shows after the flashpoint paradox (the next animated movie) are new 52 inspired.
I know Justice League: Doom was somewhat based off the New 52.

Small difference was MMH instead of Aquaman.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Okay, here is everything I know:
Villains are being recruited. It's the main story line in Justice League of America, they sent Green Arrow in dressed as someone else to try and infiltrate, and have recently tried sending in Catwoman to be recruited as a mole.

Lex is locked away in a prison designed only to hold him. I don't think it's Waller either, considering she's running the JLA to fight the SS.
That prison really doesn't stop Lex, he could be running it from the inside. However whoever is running this new secret society of villains is familiar with robotics, or they have a member who is. It's definitely not Waller as she runs Suicide Squad and Justice League of America and she has openly stated she wants to know who is behind recruiting villains, in fact the infiltration of these villains is Waller/Steve Trevor's idea.

Incidentally, Constantine seems to be looking into it as well, as Black Orchid finds his blackboard in the House of Mystery and it states 'Someone is recruiting villains, but who?"

To find out more, read Justice League of America, maybe the Vibe tie-in title as well, and maybe the recent issue of Catwoman to get all the possible info.

EDIT: Waller is capturing villains/other world people/metas but not recruiting them. The potential Legion of Doom thing isn't her.

this seems really big, it would make a really awesome event.

However whoever is running this new secret society of villains is familiar with robotics, or they have a member who is.
what about robotics is involved? from the legion of doom there are some members that could be involved like lex luthor, toyman and even brainiac (unlikely maybe)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
What about robotics is involved?
Spoilers for Justice League of America issues:
In Justice League of America, we see Green Arrow has been discovered as a mole and he is running from what appears to be Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman. Later in issue (3 or 4 I think) MMH, Catwoman, Katana & Vibe go up against the guys who took down Green Arrow, and it turns out they are robots versions of WW, SM & BM. Kinda reminded me of Amazo a bit so I reckon Prof. Ivo, could be Toy Man but I doubt it. Doesn't feel like Braniac. So I reckon Ivo or Lex.

Spoilers for Justice League of America issues:
In Justice League of America, we see Green Arrow has been discovered as a mole and he is running from what appears to be Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman. Later in issue (3 or 4 I think) MMH, Catwoman, Katana & Vibe go up against the guys who took down Green Arrow, and it turns out they are robots versions of WW, SM & BM. Kinda reminded me of Amazo a bit so I reckon Prof. Ivo, could be Toy Man but I doubt it. Doesn't feel like Braniac. So I reckon Ivo or Lex.
yeah, i was gonna say professor ivo, he dissapeared after cyborg was made right?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Villains are being recruited. It's the main story line in Justice League of America, they sent Green Arrow in dressed as someone else to try and infiltrate, and have recently tried sending in Catwoman to be recruited as a mole.

That prison really doesn't stop Lex, he could be running it from the inside. However whoever is running this new secret society of villains is familiar with robotics, or they have a member who is. It's definitely not Waller as she runs Suicide Squad and Justice League of America and she has openly stated she wants to know who is behind recruiting villains, in fact the infiltration of these villains is Waller/Steve Trevor's idea.

Incidentally, Constantine seems to be looking into it as well, as Black Orchid finds his blackboard in the House of Mystery and it states 'Someone is recruiting villains, but who?"

To find out more, read Justice League of America, maybe the Vibe tie-in title as well, and maybe the recent issue of Catwoman to get all the possible info.

EDIT: Waller is capturing villains/other world people/metas but not recruiting them. The potential Legion of Doom thing isn't her.
If I remember correctly, they mentioned Professor Ivo was involved. Or T.O. Morrow, one of those two. And Ivo built Amazo while Morrow built Red Tornado. But, I don't see them leading the Secret Society. You're right though, it could definitely be Luthor from the inside and I hope it is. But, what's Vandal Savage's state in the New52? Last I heard he was in prison.

Edit: Nvm. You guys beat me to it. lol