What's new

SPOILERS: Datamines leaks show several fan favorite characters

Looks like we are getting
Noob Saibot, Cyrax, and Sektor as fully playable characters not Kameos later on in KP2 or after KP1 as a Invasions Mode expansion adding characters and Kameos.
According to datamine there is 38 character roster, and 25 Kameos as total DLC+Base

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
sounds good, its been a while when we could play Cyrax and Sektor as fully playable character at individual level, so, fucking yeah ;)

also Noob is always welcome , and I love his gameplay in MK9 and MK11, so, very nice news :D

Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping for Sonya to be playable as a character at some point. She been my go to in every MK game since MK9
I think Cassie may be coming she was in some data files so since Sonya is Keo you could be doing the Cassie/Sonya Mother Daughter combos. If Cassie is a Rushdown I'll be all over that. Loved her gunshot low oh in X and her godlike B21/B12 mid forget which.

Yes he’s as bad as you can be while still being a functional character.
sounds good, its been a while when we could play Cyrax and Sektor as fully playable character at individual level, so, fucking yeah ;)

also Noob is always welcome , and I love his gameplay in MK9 and MK11, so, very nice news :D
I know I love setup characters and bombs seem so dirty in this Assist game. With the setups they already have this could be the best version of Cyrax ever made reguarless if bombs are highs, lows, mids or whatever.
What would be amaz is if they made ground bouncing bombs that where mids with longer timer for setups and a head height floating bomb that double hits high for armor break but can be ducked. No matter I'll make them work as long as they are under 50 frame startup.
I don't want them broke but want them strong for set play. Imagine bombs mixed with Goro/Stryker frametrap, you could theoretically cover gaps then make moves safe on end with assists.

Noob is my main main then cyrax this is a good day
Noob is an awesome character, how do you want him to play, Zoner, Rushdown or Hybrid with clear weaknesses?

CipherJ

Noob
Here are the revealed characters in the video:
KP2: Sektor, Noob, Cyrax (thought to be a female cyborg), Ghost Face, T1000, Conan the Barbarian
3 others: Cassie, Jade, Kung Jin

Most of this info comes from inference of dialog files. Sektor, Noob, and Cyrax are going to be in a released campaign. The last 3 are given lines, but expected not to be in the story.

Last edited:
I should feast well on this game. Sub always makes it, and Quan/Noob are almost always characters I look into, and more than any other game, I'm liking almost the entire cast.

Buuuuuut with how sub is now, i'm worried i'm going to be spending yet another game slogging uphill and missing out on the fun.

It's about time we get Cyrax and Sektor. I thought they should have been in the base roster, after not letting us use them in MK11, despite being able to fight them in the story mode, but at least we're getting them in MK1, eventually.

IamSub0

Noob Saibot
I'm not really a fan of guest characters, but I do love the Terminator series and I'll definitely pick up the T-1000 if this is legit. Not mentioned in the video but on MK Warehouse is the following intro for Peacemaker:

Error - Dialog Not Found
Peacemaker:
Because, fuck man! You look just like my dad!

which is supporting because Robert Patrick plays Peacemaker's father in the HBO series.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I want 48 playable characters and AT LEAST 32 kameos; the entire MK-UMK3 cast should be kameos and we're still missing 19 out of that list.

Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Raiden, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Baraka, Mileena, Kintaro, Shao Khan, Cyber Smoke, Sheeva, Sindel, Nightwolf, Kabal, Jade, Ermac, Rain, Noob Saibot

I still want a playable Kintaro. :D He could be unique among Shokans.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I hope that with the new direction that WB takes (game as service) we will eventually get MAJORITY of previous kast as playable. Hope we will not waste roster spots for worthless guests though.

I'd be glad if we get more and more fighters as the game as a base it's great.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I hope that with the new direction that WB takes (game as service) we will eventually get MAJORITY of previous kast as playable. Hope we will not waste roster spots for worthless guests though.

I'd be glad if we get more and more fighters as the game as a base it's great.
The guest characters should occupy more of the kameo roster and not the main roster

I hope either goro gets upgraded to a main roster slot or Kintaro makes it as dlc,the game lacks big body/monster characters,and a sub boss as well,when you play towers the final stage before you fight shang and quan is always a mirror match of your exact character and kameo,its kinda stupid,Goro or kintaro would be perfect for that role as well as being amazing roster additions.

I hope either goro gets upgraded to a main roster slot or Kintaro makes it as dlc,the game lacks big body/monster characters,and a sub boss as well,when you play towers the final stage before you fight shang and quan is always a mirror match of your exact character and kameo,its kinda stupid,Goro or kintaro would be perfect for that role as well as being amazing roster additions.
You could also have Kameo Goro tagged alongside Kintaro to compliment the Sub-Boss Idea.