What's new

Split Punch = Anti-air move?

Radian

Noob
I didn't get a recording of it, but yesterday when I was doing the ladder for the hell of it, I jumped in front of Johnny Cage CPU, he did the split punch and I got hit out of the air, instantly placed on the ground with Ermac holding his crotch and such. Was that some sort of glitch or is the his split punch hitbox that big?

DrDogg

Noob
Were you using a jump kick or jump punch? I haven't done any AA testing with Cage yet, but jump punch is very easy to AA.

DCP

Noob
it can claim people out of there air for sure, can also be done in combo after popup
I have a good combo that ends with the nut punch. This leads to a great mixup opportunity because you can either;
1. Go for an easy sweep which then leads your opponent to guard low everytime they are swept as a result of the nut punch.
2. After your opponent gets use to you sweeping after the nut punch, use Johnny's F+4 (it hits high) and start up another combo.

The possibilities are endless.

Combo_Knight

Knight of Asura
I have a good combo that ends with the nut punch. This leads to a great mixup opportunity because you can either;
1. Go for an easy sweep which then leads your opponent to guard low everytime they are swept as a result of the nut punch.
2. After your opponent gets use to you sweeping after the nut punch, use Johnny's F+4 (it hits high) and start up another combo.

Same here. Especially because when I catch em in air the spacing is perfect for the easy sweep.

DrDogg

Noob

f+4 is slow enough that good players will block it on reaction.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Can someone answer me, is Groin punch, a part of Cage's high/low mix up? or is it only viable as a combo ender only move?

I could only find, BP, FP, B+BK or 2, 1, B4 - as the only low, and its mediocre.

I need to give them as many reasons to block low.

Can someone answer me, is Groin punch, a part of Cage's high/low mix up? or is it only viable as a combo ender only move?

I could only find, BP, FP, B+BK or 2, 1, B4 - as the only low, and its mediocre.

I need to give them as many reasons to block low.
I only use johnny's 21b4 as the game ender, on hit it pretty much puts you both at nuetral, but if i find my opponent is really that good at blocking i will throw in a 21b4, then sweep, or d3 into flip kick. sweep is your best bet at conditioning an opponent to block low, but then you dont have them standing with advantage like nut punch. if johnny had a low combo starter, he would be a fukken monster. btw nut punch doesnt hit low. oh yeah, against aggressive meaty attacking players, try nut punch on wake up.. good stuff.