What's new

Spike's VGX "Best Fighting Game" Award is up for grabs - Injustice: GAU wants YOUR vote!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
On Saturday December 7th at 6PM EST / 3PM PST you will be able to tune in to an all day gaming experience where games will be voted upon as "the best". For the category of "Best Fighting Game" Injustice: Gods Among Us is naturally in the top 4 for the best fighting game. However, it doesn't end there - we need your vote! Taking on other fighting games such as Divekick, Killer Instinct and Tekken Revolution, Injustice: Gods Among Us definitely has a great chance.

As we're not entirely sure on when the voting ends, you better hurry!

injall.png
  • Vote for Injustice: Gods Among Us here! (or Killer Instinct for you Xbox One players!)
VGX, the next generation of Video Game Awards, is an all-day gaming experience, and a true binging dream for gamers.

While its roots lie in the Video Game Awards, VGX will abandon the traditional Hollywood style award show to feature more world premiere game trailers than ever before, plus extended deep dives into the next generation of games, new looks at gaming culture, one-on-one interviews with the industry’s most visionary creatives and expert panels digging into what’s coming to consoles in 2014 and beyond. The new format features more games, less fame, in an intimate studio setting.

VGX Nominees are determined by the VGX Advisory Council, which is made up of a group of some of the most well-respected video game journalists from media outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and Associated Press.

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices, and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app and Viacom properties Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com and GameTrailers.com. VGX will be live streamed for three-hours on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT. Spike TV will also air highlights of the show as "VGX Replay" on Monday, December 9 at midnight.
Source: Spike.com

Attachments

So after going through the nominee's I realized something:

This has been the most meh year of gaming in recent memory for me.
I missed out on some supposedly amazing PS3 exclusives like the Last of us admittedly....but sheesh...small wonder Injustice is the only thing I've been playing for months. Ok, Bioshock infinite was stunningly beautiful and had a great story...but I practically had to force myself through the shooting sections. Tomb Raider was good...but not "great". I've played every single GTA out there....but somehow the appeal still eludes me and I get bored fast. I didn't even realize how atrocious the RPG lineup of this year was until just now.

I guess Injustice is now my game of the year by default.....

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It concerns me that they couldn't even be bothered to use an actual screenshot for the console version of INJ (as opposed to the other nominees) and opted for a picture of the fucking iPhone app instead...