What's new

Spiderman Reboot 2012

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
As some of you might know, im a huge spiderman fan.

I was pretty happy with Tobey Maguire as Spiderman. He played the perfect role for 3 consecutive Spiderman movies, and although the third movie might have left some of us confused as to why they would bring Venom in early only to fuck up the ending, the movie itself was okay, and Tobey remains an awesome Spiderman in my book.

As far as Spiderman 4 is concerned, we all know it wont happen. I was in denial for a good minute after I heard the news, the Spiderman fanatic in me dropped a tear... after that I asked, "So how does Tobey feel about this?" only to find out, the entire cast wont be in the next Spiderman. So... so... what about Tobey? :InsertSadFaceInHere:

After reading up on the new "Spiderman Reboot" for 2012, I couldnt possibly see any other person other than Tobey taking on the role, and for that... im upset...

I almost died when I heard this [ban incoming] was going to play Spiderman. Excuse my language, but I hope you understand why as a fan, I was extremely upset.

Now do you understand?

Anyhow, ever since I heard about this, I have tried my best to avoid any Spiderman rumors, but again... the fan in me couldnt resist. The latest news in the Spiderman Reboot is that the studio has been talking to Logan Lerman about playing Spiderman in this next Reboot.

I like to do my research, and although I would be happier with 50 Cent playing Spiderman than Zac, the thought of Logan Lerman doesnt upset me much. The only part I still hate, is the fact that Tobey is gone... This will be more along the lines of Ultimate Spiderman, and the role has to be played by a younger Spiderman who is still in high school.

For those of you who don't know who Logan Lerman is, he played Evan Treborn, Age 7 on "The Butterfly Effect," starring "Ashton Kutcher." He also played Simon Silverton on "Gamer." He was that kid who controlled Gerard Butler, who played the guy from 300 in the future... J/K... I don't really care who he played, he was good in 300. :p lol

His newest movie is "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief." I havent seen it yet, nor did I care about it, but I really want to see if im happy with Logan playing my favorite neighborhood Spidey!

I believe this is a series, so in doing this, he would be taking on both "Percy Jackson & the Olympians," and "Spiderman." Here is a trailer of the movie.

Also check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=3FpOzr1n0KA&feature=related

So what does everybody think about this?

TWZTID

Noob
Tobey sucked ass, Raimi ruined green goblin, venom(only cuz topher grace was cast).
Only decent character was Doc Ock.

The only thing IMO that made them watchable was Kirsten dunst's nipples.

I'm a huge venom fan, and although, venom looked Purdy good, I just couldn't get passed topher. Plus they just ruined SM3.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Tobey sucked ass, Raimi ruined green goblin, venom(only cuz topher grace was cast).
Only decent character was Doc Ock.

The only thing IMO that made them watchable was Kirsten dunst's nipples.

I'm a huge venom fan, and although, venom looked Purdy good, I just couldn't get passed topher. Plus they just ruined SM3.
Tobey did a really good job. And I loved Willem Dafoes Goblin.

I don't know about Mary Jane, her attitude was supposed to be a mix of Gwen Stacy and MJ, yet for the third installment Gwen came out anyway, which doesnt make any sense... And not to mention small details on Spiderman 3, supposedly Brock was hired on Spiderman 3, but if you go back to the first movie, there is a scene where Robby tells J. Jonah Jameson, "Brock has been on it all week," in regards to taking pictures of Spiderman.

This was pretty stupid on their part, how could you not notice that?

@ Scheiss - I agree man, I hated all the new Spiderman cartoons. I loved the 1994 animated series though. And although it wasnt as good, I thought the Spiderman Unlimited series was okay for a spin-off.

And maybe not all movies become horrible. Spiderman has so much of this in the comics to begin with.

I also forgot to mention, James Cameron is taking over the film, so thats a plus. THE DUDE MADE AVATAR! :D I just hate the idea of them talking about making it a 3D film...

TWZTID

Noob
I just would like to see a new story made. Bring on the true Brock/venom, Cassidy/carnage. Make an actual symbiote war. Instead of rebooting, just improve and go forward. Like Batman, beyond was nothing like previous Batman movies. They need to do the same.

And I loved Defoe as goblin, I just didn't like what raimi did with him.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I just would like to see a new story made. Bring on the true Brock/venom, Cassidy/carnage. Make an actual symbiote war. Instead of rebooting, just improve and go forward. Like Batman, beyond was nothing like previous Batman movies. They need to do the same.

And I loved Defoe as goblin, I just didn't like what raimi did with him.
Raimi is gone. James Cameron is taking over the film, and we all know James directed Terminator, Titanic, Avatar, amongst other great films.

I believe the first villain will be The Lizard.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
well that just flat out PISSES ME OFF...when I heard SM4 was scrapped after I was so PSYCHED to see either Sinister 6 or Lizard/Curtis Conners in SM4....my balls went numb. Leave it to Hollywood and thier stuck-up [ban incoming]sim to ruin a series *COUGH *Xmen3*COUGH*....imagine how cool it COULD have been compared to how GAY it's GOING to be. what a bum rap.Toby was the perfect Spidey, Topher was great as Venom and Willem Dafoe was an EXCELLENT Green Goblin. They already had it PERFECT, now they are seriously fuckin' up. I hate the way they think they can use DIFFERENT actors to play an already perfected role, like Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes in Dark Knight = FAIL or replacing Rachel Wies in The Mummy: Tomb of The Dragon Emperor. Hollywood needs to get beat-down.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Yeah, I saw that video.

I was reading more on this, and apparently, its all Sonys fault. Sam Raimi wanted to bring in "The Vulture," which would have been really cool, imo. So it would have been Harry as Green Goblin, Sandman, and Vulture. Apparently they wanted Venom, so at the end of they day, they didnt let Sam handle Spiderman 3 and fucked it up. For Spiderman 4, Sam wanted Vulture, and Black Cat... apparently Sony didnt want that either... Sony suggested that Black Cat seemed like a rip off and was too close to Catwoman...

Are they idiots? Blackcat was the daughter of a spy that went by the alias of "The Cat," and she was later given the same proceidure Captain America was given that turned her into "THE BLACK CAT." And not to mention, they suggested he merged Black Cat with The Vulture, calling Felicia Hardy, "The Vultress."

ARE THEY INSANE?! Sam obviously did not agree with this, THANK GOD! and was then fired along with the rest of the cast, and new signed actors Anne Hathaway, and John Malkovich, who were supposed to play "Black Cat," and "The Vulture."