What's new

Spellmaster Change Wishlist

Scatter Souls needs to have a faster cancel. The move itself is -6 on block but has a gap before it from every normal. I think it should be plus on block since there is always a gap and it doesn’t lead to anything on hit. The start up needs to be adjusted so that the gaps aren’t big enough to interrupt with normals. Opponents will want to Flawless block and canceling it to be like -3 or -4 will be a legit stagger. And if someone is waiting to Flawless block you might even be able to charge it a bit to be more plus or unblockable.

The Screaming Soul cancels should be better on block, like Kabal’s dash cancels. It takes a defense bar and lives you minus, but on top of that there is no real threat of you not canceling the move. With Kabal he is +1 and +3 from some of his key mids, and if he let’s the move reap and you read a cancel he gets a full combo. Screaming soul is just a high projectile on hit. It doesn’t jail from most strings, so opponents can just low poke or d2 it regardless of the cancel. Maybe leave the damage at 8% but make it a mid projectile, so that it hits ducking opponents when you don’t cancel it.

And the Soul Well... it should be safe to set up, so it needs a way faster start up and recovery. And I think the chip damage you deal should increase the health regen as well as normal damage.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
What if you just make his amplified soulscatter able to combo from a string, make it less negative on block. Like it is right now u dont get anything from that special other then make a string safe wich most of his strings are.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Crashing Flames Amp is safe on block, frame wise. It's not -15 because it pushes the opponent back and has three hits, if you do the move at point blank range then you get -8 or so and are safe. But you really won't do that, because you'll use it at the end of strings or at range which gives better advantage. I think the frame advantage is about perfect and complements the character's tools. It's that Soul Steal/F2/F3/F4/DB1 range. And it should be said that most characters can't abuse the 2nd hit's flawless block gap, but there's enough that it's a concern. Scorpion can reversal teleport right out of it.

I think the character is super fun but he just has some tools that aren't that relevant and his best thing right now in Crashing Flames is only good 70% of the time.

Last edited:
Crashing Flames Amp is safe on block, frame wise. It's not -15 because it pushes the opponent back and has three hits, if you do the move at point blank range then you get -8 or so and are safe. But you really won't do that, because you'll use it at the end of strings or at range which gives better advantage. I think the frame advantage is about perfect and complements the character's tools. It's that Soul Steal/F2/F3/F4/DB1 range. And it should be said that most characters can't abuse the 2nd hit's flawless block gap, but there's enough that it's a concern. Scorpion can reversal teleport right out of it.

I think the character is super fun but he just has some tools that aren't that relevant and his best thing right now in Crashing Flames is only good 70% of the time.
Removing the gap between first 2 fireballs in crashing flames is a must.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
  1. Make Screaming Soul Cancels neutral to plus on block ( 0 to +3 )
  2. Soulscatter: Reduce the gap when canceling from a string and retain plus frame and damage when canceled

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
  1. Screaming Soul Cancels should be 0 ob
  2. SoulScatter make it combo able into DB2 and have a smaller gap but be slightly plus.
  3. BF2 startup of 26f from 36f.
  4. Remove FB gap on DB1
If this was done I feel the variation would get more use and be unique enough to warrant its use.

Mainly I want:
Shang to have a variation added that has combos(ground eruption/exploding corpses) & Shake which could offer multiple uses.

I think this will fix Spellmaster:
Spellmasters DF3 SoulScatter To be replaced with Fire-Nado turning him into a setplay character and giving him back corpse drop. This would no doubt fix the character in many ways.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
the only change is simple....give the man some damage in this variation >.>
I respectfully disagree, this is his premier zoning variation. His horizontal projectile should be mainly use from full screen, if you are going to use it up close you should be using the cancels more.

In my humble opinion, this is one of the best zoning variations in the entire game. Between his horizontal and diagonal control he is very difficult to get in on. If he had big damage in his mid screen combos he would be broken. His big big screen damage in this variation is going to come from crushing blows. If not, your damage comes in the corner.

But yeah at mid screen, there’s not a whole lot of damage because he’s more zoning you down bit by bit.

I kind of like this variation in the fact that your damage only comes from Fido blows, crushing blows, or a big corner damage. Almost everything else made screen is zoning them down bit by bit, almost like Cetrion.

Also, with the healing factor. In my opinion this is his best variation but it is the least explored. I truly believe this has a lot of unused potential.