What's new

General/Other Speedster Changes 1.08

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
PaYizT Don't worry about it, trait combos should not go down by a severe amount (40% range trait combos). So keep grinding out them combos

Chongo Yeah it was weird for a d2 to be used as a frame trap by itself, but it was cool and added a nice tool to his offense.

Dr. Handsome Yeah it would have been nice and true to the character. However they would have had to take more consideration into just Barry and most likely ignore other characters, hopefully for Injustice 2. At least we got the fastest mix ups in the game tho.

SEV

Noob
I don't think the D2 nerf should be that big of a deal. As long as the scaling doesn't affect meterless damage it should be fine. If Flying Uppercut is viable as an AA we can get 20-30% combos off of them. Disappointing though that we only got nerfed without them fixing any of our mids. And the universal nerf on meter building from cancelable moves might fuck us a bit as LK is our largest meter building tool, and we already build meter somewhat slowly without getting hit.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I'm feeling pretty confident that he'll still be a beast. Bummer the damage goes down but it's understandable. I'm glad his Flying Uppercut is getting fixed, i'm ready for some AA's. We'll still have the best corner game IMO, his 50/50's are so ridiculously good.

PaYizT Don't worry about it, trait combos should not go down by a severe amount (40% range trait combos). So keep grinding out them combos

Chongo Yeah it was weird for a d2 to be used as a frame trap by itself, but it was cool and added a nice tool to his offense.

Dr. Handsome Yeah it would have been nice and true to the character. However they would have had to take more consideration into just Barry and most likely ignore other characters, hopefully for Injustice 2. At least we got the fastest mix ups in the game tho.
You have no idea how much I hate being afraid to throw a F2 out on GL we can instantly toe me into his vortex.

BoricuaHeat

I don't think the D2 nerf should be that big of a deal. As long as the scaling doesn't affect meterless damage it should be fine. If Flying Uppercut is viable as an AA we can get 20-30% combos off of them. Disappointing though that we only got nerfed without them fixing any of our mids. And the universal nerf on meter building from cancelable moves might fuck us a bit as LK is our largest meter building tool, and we already build meter somewhat slowly without getting hit.
It seems like the d2 Nerf is just for it being used on block/whiffed so combos should not be afected. Flying uppercut combos, letsss gooooo. Meter building Nerf hurts a bit But Hey we get a round that. The uppercut buff will help tremendously vs Batman j2 shenanigans tho.

SEV

Noob
GL lost his OTG tho right? Should make countering his vortex easier.
Yeah, still has is but now he 100% has to respect wake ups, or at least for us since we can break F3 armored no problem. :cool:

Flying uppercut combos, letsss gooooo.
No damage loss as an AA with 28% doing: FU 21 B22F3 LC. Might turn out to be an overall buff in disguise as our AA is now 2 frames faster.

BoricuaHeat

Yeah, still has is but now he 100% has to respect wake ups, or at least for us since we can break F3 armored no problem. :cool:

No damage loss as an AA with 28% doing: FU 21 B22F3 LC. Might turn out to be an overall buff in disguise as our AA is now 2 frames faster.
Hmmmm yessssss.

Briyen

Noob

watching the stream it seems his trait combos still do 50% ish :D celebration 4 all!

the damage nerf was so that he cant go even higher using more meter it seems like tacking on a super Paolo says

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
im confused, what exactly were flashes doing with his d2 that was so great??

PaYizT

Say it with your chest .
So by the looks of it on the stream flash still does them 50 percent combos! It just looks like they nerf the damage of d2 starters ..

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
wtf am doing 46% from MB f3 in the corner and my combos are not the most damaging. no changes to my trait combos lost only like 3% on one of them. has anyone broken 65% combos of any kind. His damage is nuts. I see no nerfs all I see is insane buffs.

LEGEND

YES!
his damage was slighty nerfed. at max its down by like 5% but most bnbs are down by 3%. So no big deal imo

His D2 was fixed (thank god) Having such a scubby move made me really not like the character (still gets 41% off of it with trait though)

His Flying uppercut can now AA any jump for free, and if you hit you opponent at the right point in his jump you can get about 30% off of it too without trait
-
So:
-one small nerf
-a Fix on his broken D2
-and a HUGE buff on his Flying Uppercut

Overall i think Flash got alot better, specially if you take the BA and Superman nerfs into account

BoricuaHeat

Hahahaha, nerf can suck it, Flash can pull off pull off 64% now with the meter burn buff and he still has sonic pound trait damage for 61 percent. Here's the 64 percent. B22, bounce cancel, LK 6, b22f3 charge for 64 percent.

BoricuaHeat

his damage was slighty nerfed. at max its down by like 5% but most bnbs are down by 3%. So no big deal imo

His D2 was fixed (thank god) Having such a scubby move made me really not like the character (still gets 41% off of it with trait though)

His Flying uppercut can now AA any jump for free, and if you hit you opponent at the right point in his jump you can get about 30% off of it too without trait
-
So:
-one small nerf
-a Fix on his broken D2
-and a HUGE buff on his Flying Uppercut

Overall i think Flash got alot better, specially if you take the BA and Superman nerfs into account
You're absolutely correct. Nerf and ain't that big a deal man, can't believe flash dodged the nerf hammer.

SEV

Noob
Just caught an unlisted change I think. Prepatch if you were to use RMS 1 after a hard knockdown it would place you only barely behind them within punish range, but now it takes you the full LC distance, so we have a safe way to reverse wake ups midscreen, then possibly punish with a follow up LC(MB).

I looked into this before and I distinctly remember it putting me barely past them, but I'm unsure which version I was testing it in so I'm unsure if it was still that way in 1.05, can anyone else confirm if it was or not?

BoricuaHeat

Just caught an unlisted change I think. Prepatch if you were to use RMS 1 after a hard knockdown it would place you only barely behind them within punish range, but now it takes you the full LC distance, so we have a safe way to reverse wake ups midscreen, then possibly punish with a follow up LC(MB).

I looked into this before and I distinctly remember it putting me barely past them, but I'm unsure which version I was testing it in so I'm unsure if it was still that way in 1.05, can anyone else confirm if it was or not?
It was actually, bummed out to know that they could just delay their wake up and Flash would just charge away to the other side just to reverse inputs. Should look into tho, could add some potential mid screen mind games with RMS.