What's new

General/Other - Takeda Speculation on Takeda's variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Okay, this might seem a little early, but I love the character design, his armour looks so good, and he will certainly be a contender for my main. Kenshi is also my favourite MK character, and as I don't think he's in, I shall be investing a lot of time into Takeda.
I've thought about him and his potential variations a lot since the trailer yesterday and these are my thoughts.

1. Swordsman
We know from the casting call info that Takeda, like his father, is a skilled swordsman. In the trailer we see him fighting with hanzo using a sword. I think it's safe to assume that one of his variations will be based on this, similar to Scorpion's Ninjitsu variation

2. Special forces.
In the trailer we see three main looks for Takeda. The previously mentioned look is probably his alt, and the other two (mask and headband) are the basis for the next two variation predictions. In the video, where they show part of his x ray, we see him swordless, wearing a mask and using his kunai gadgets as whips. I think this will be variation specific, with quite a few special moves based on these powerful tools.

3.Telekinesis
Again, from the casting call, we know Takeda possesses telekinetic abilities. I think that he will have a variation exclusively for this, where he will be maskless and maybe even lower his head band so that it acts as a blindfold, enhances his senses where maybe he has some telepathic connection with who, I'm predicting, will be his dead daddy Kenshi. (Hopefully he has spirit charge and we can hear Kenshi laughing every time he uses it)

So, any Takeda enthusiasts, let me know what you think. What are you predicting for his variations?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
In his fatality you see he cut off Torr's arms :(
I wonder if he did that using his swords or the grapples.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Weren't you criticising someone a couple weeks ago for speculation before playing? How interesting...
No. I was criticising someone for saying that a certain variation seemed "completely useless", which is the sort of prediction I find absolutely absurd. If you can't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.
Edit: If you notice, I don't speculate about which one will be the most or least useful.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
In his fatality you see he cut off Torr's arms :(
I wonder if he did that using his swords or the grapples.
When I first saw that, I thought fatality at first, but I'm thinking it could potentially be a brutality version of his X-ray, with the whips cutting off the arms, as they both follow the same progression.

kantboy-2

Ripper
If any new MK character should play like Batman/Batgirl, this is it. He's an actual ninja.

I'm thinking he'll have similar lasso WW properties with those whips.

Slasher - whip slashes as his main tools.
Grappler- Batman style hook grabs/throws as main tools.
Ninjutsu- He studied under Scorp, so a sword/combo extender variation would be fun.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
He is looking like the only character so far that I have interest in purely based on his aesthetics. His armor and mask make him look so bad ass. If kang doesn't make, he will be my main for sure. Bookmark this post for future reference just in case he's top tier so you don't think I'm a tier whore lol

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He is looking like the only character so far that I have interest in purely based on his aesthetics. His armor and mask make him look so bad ass. If kang doesn't make, he will be my main for sure. Bookmark this post for future reference just in case he's top tier so you don't think I'm a tier whore lol
Or if it turns out he's low tier and you never touch him ;)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Solid Snake looks cool

but i cant un see the "Hay, i look like i could be the MKX new protagonist"
even though Cassie looks to be it

I say his Fighting style will look sweet

REYTHEGREAT

He actually looks nice. Being the son of Kenshi, that will probably means that he could be a zoner? Since Kenshi was a zoner in MK9, i think Takeda could be the same and more powerful, but I also believe he has rushdown capabilities to complement his zoning.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Or if it turns out he's low tier and you never touch him ;)
Lol I actually don't care how good or bad a character is, when inj first came out before flash was buffed I thought he sucked, but I was too much of a flash fanboy to change characters. I'm a character loyalist bro :D (BTW I know you're joking :cool:)

guys he is trained by scorpion and has spear things on his arms, yet nobody listed a "shirai ryu/scorpion" variation with spears. cmon.

i think one sword variation and one telekinetic makes sense though.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Okay, this might seem a little early, but I love the character design, his armour looks so good, and he will certainly be a contender for my main. Kenshi is also my favourite MK character, and as I don't think he's in, I shall be investing a lot of time into Takeda.
I've thought about him and his potential variations a lot since the trailer yesterday and these are my thoughts.

1. Swordsman
We know from the casting call info that Takeda, like his father, is a skilled swordsman. In the trailer we see him fighting with hanzo using a sword. I think it's safe to assume that one of his variations will be based on this, similar to Scorpion's Ninjitsu variation

2. Special forces.
In the trailer we see three main looks for Takeda. The previously mentioned look is probably his alt, and the other two (mask and headband) are the basis for the next two variation predictions. In the video, where they show part of his x ray, we see him swordless, wearing a mask and using his kunai gadgets as whips. I think this will be variation specific, with quite a few special moves based on these powerful tools.

3.Telekinesis
Again, from the casting call, we know Takeda possesses telekinetic abilities. I think that he will have a variation exclusively for this, where he will be maskless and maybe even lower his head band so that it acts as a blindfold, enhances his senses where maybe he has some telepathic connection with who, I'm predicting, will be his dead daddy Kenshi. (Hopefully he has spirit charge and we can hear Kenshi laughing every time he uses it)

So, any Takeda enthusiasts, let me know what you think. What are you predicting for his variations?
I believe we'll more than likely see his ropes used to navigate the screen. Like a Batman straight grapple, a Cyborg whatever it's called where he goes in the air backwards or forwards, a shoulder charge that involved him throwing the spear in the ground and pulling on it, so on...

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I believe we'll more than likely see his ropes used to navigate the screen. Like a Batman straight grapple, a Cyborg whatever it's called where he goes in the air backwards or forwards, a shoulder charge that involved him throwing the spear in the ground and pulling on it, so on...
Very interesting! That makes a lot of sense and would fit in well with why he has them for a special forces gadget as he uses them as grapples on missions etc. I like it!

You guys probably won't believe what I'm going to say, in fact I'm probably going to be put in the dust for saying something like this, but I believe limbodawg or empr twisteds leak list is right. So far he has been right and he said that takeda is broke and has a spear or something. Now its time for the negative responses. :):rolleyes:

The variations make sense to me. So the whip things on his arms have blades at the end?
I'm not entirely sure, but just going off the footage it doesn't seem like blades per se. Some have suggested the whips are made of metal, which would make sense if you ask me. So it wouldn't really surprise me if Takdea uses a lashing motion to cut off opponents arms. This is MK after all lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree a lot with the OP description. I think if Takeda turns out the way we think he will his variations will be-

1) A ninja style. Being trained by Scorpion all that time has to account for something. In this variation I think he'll have some sort of quick striking extended normals or something of that nature, maybe even types of buffs for his attacks.

2) TK. In this variation I think he'll be able to use some of his weapons as attacks. I don't think he'll have the "pure energy" attacks Kenshi did, but use TK in a way where his weapons are used with his TK powers for zoning.

3) Weapons Master. Takeda seems like he'll be the "tank" of the new generation team so I can see this variation with some extra weapon attacks of some sort, similar to how Kano has extra+different attacks in Cybernetics compared to the other two variations.

Those are my guesses. Can't be too far off! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.