What's new

Spar partner

I need someone to debug my Kitana. Give me pointers on my pressure and discuss zoning tactics and distancing. Someone lemme know!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I am willing to play you, Lag shouldn't be too bad but i do not play Kitana anymore, however i do need Kitana experience and i can tell you what you should be doing in the match-up.

Feel free to add me.

I am willing to play you, Lag shouldn't be too bad but i do not play Kitana anymore, however i do need Kitana experience and i can tell you what you should be doing in the match-up.

Feel free to add me.
Who do you play as?

I will fight you np man add me or I'll add u next time

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but instead of starting a whole new post, id like to get some help with my Kit on psn too.

I feel like I've hit a wall, and I'm not leveling up anymore. It seems no matter what I do, I'm stuck w/ 36% on my combos, midscreen or corner.
When I 1st started online I felt more in control of my matches, rushing them using the f4,1/b4 "mixups" to get in their
head... (if you can even call those strings mixups) Also, back then I saved all meter for breakers only.

After learning how to ex fan dash cancel, it became hard for me to quit blowing meter just because I can. (3 bars for 22% >_<) Now, I'm lucky to get anything beyond d1 and spamming f2,1 out of fear of blowing meter for bad damage like a moron.

I guess you could say my "Go-To" combos are:

(Midscreen)
[36%] f2,1 - b2 xx airfan, >> fan, f2 xx cutter

(Corner)
[36%?] f4,1 - 3,3,3 xx Lift, LK xx Airfan, fan, f2 xx cutter

I really need some suggestions on what I need to practice to level up my game.
Watching recent majors I watch their combos and they don't seem too far off from mine in the damage dept...(maybe dropped?) but then I see Konqrr rip away half his opponent's life and I start feeling like a total scrub.

aj1701

Noob
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but instead of starting a whole new post, id like to get some help with my Kit on psn too.

I feel like I've hit a wall, and I'm not leveling up anymore. It seems no matter what I do, I'm stuck w/ 36% on my combos, midscreen or corner.
When I 1st started online I felt more in control of my matches, rushing them using the f4,1/b4 "mixups" to get in their
head... (if you can even call those strings mixups) Also, back then I saved all meter for breakers only.

After learning how to ex fan dash cancel, it became hard for me to quit blowing meter just because I can. (3 bars for 22% >_<) Now, I'm lucky to get anything beyond d1 and spamming f2,1 out of fear of blowing meter for bad damage like a moron.

(Midscreen)

(Corner)

Watching recent majors I watch their combos and they don't seem too far off from mine in the damage dept...(maybe dropped?) but then I see Konqrr rip away half his opponent's life and I start feeling like a total scrub.
I was doing the same thing, just always going for the f21 combo. It sounds like you're too much on autopilot. Before you blow three bars, ask yourself, will this win the round / match? If not, it's not worth it. Save your meter for breakers. Incorporate her other strings, relearn when its safe to use them and mix them.

I would try to see what other Kitanas were doing to me whenever I got into a mirror. I'm still very much a work in progress myself, but if you don't mind Kitana mirrors hit me up.

(Midscreen)

(Corner)

Use these combos

Midscreen

F2,1 / njp / 4~ground fan / dash / 2~upraise / dash / B2~air fan / dash / ground fan / dash / 4~cutter fan

F4,1 / 2~upraise / dash / dash / b2~air fan / dash / ground fan / dash 4~cutter fan

2,1~upraise / dash / ground fan / B2~ air fan / dash ground fan / dash / 4~cutter

Jump in kick~air fan / dash / ground fan / dash / 2~ground fan / dash~2~cutter fan

With meter

2,1~ex fan~jip / F2,1 / Njp / 4~ground fan / dash / 2~upraise / dash / dash / b2~air fan / ground fan / dash / 4~cutter fan

2,1~ex fan~jip / f4,1~cutter fan~jip / 1,1,2~cutter or ex

The opponent must block the 1,1,2~cutter which builds meter does chip damage of 8-11% and leaves neutral frames for follow ups.

Anytime a midscreen combo leads your opponent into corner u can use 3,3,3~cutter / d1 instead of 4~cutter

Corner combos

F2,1 / njp / 3,3,3~ground fan / 3,3,3~upraise or B3,3~upraise / b2~air fan / ground fan / 3,3,3~cutter / d1

F4,1 / 3,3,3~ground fan / 3,3,3~upraise or B3,3~upraise / b4~air fan / ground fan / 3,3,3~cutter / d1

For meter usage add f4,1~ex fan~jip or 2,1~ex fan~jip

And for fun

(cornered opponent) uppercut / d1~cutter / d1~cutter / ex upraise / B2~air fan / ground fan / 3,3,3~cutter / d1

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Who can say that by the damage on the walls, I used to do at 54% and it was a difficult juggling act and it was worth it, now it's a combo takes 48%
in general is easier to take up juggling and they are 1% less, but make a mistake with this juggling offline does not really
f +2,1 => NJP => 4 ~ d, f +1 => 4 ~ b, b +2 => b +2 ~ b, f +1 => b +2 ~ b, f +1 => 2 ~ d, f +2 => 2 ~ d, f +2 - 47%
f +2,1 => NJP => 4 ~ d, f +1 => 4 ~ b, b +2 => b +2 ~ b, f +1 => d,f+1 => d, f + 1 => 4 ~ d, f +2 then we collect a little more than 47% of the EX scale
Is there any more damage to the wall, because the difference of 2% is not enough for the wall.