What's new

Space control 1 meter combo

If your playing a heavy zoning reptile and want to keep putting alot of space between your opponent you can use this combo to create a full screen distance.

j.p 122ffb n.p 32 sfb 321exspit - 39% (36% w/o j.p)

i know for reptile that 36% isn't good for one meter but it makes up for a continued zoning game and can push your opponent into the corner (if you do the combo at midscreen) setting up some great corner combos.

*also his exspit is a good anti-air for jump ins as it is underutilized by alot of reptiles, but i can see why as he has better usage of meter.

*if you want to see reptile get decapitated (glitch) and have his head come off a few feet ahead of him, do 321 elbowdash exspit(immediately, during elbowdash whiff) (only tried this with mk1 reptile)

I'd generally rather use EX slow force ball for anti-air. I like the idea of using EX acid spit to push them back after a combo (since it does push them back to the full distance when you use it), but have you tried using 3,2,1, slow forceball at the end of the juggle? You're in perfect distance to elbow dash in and start a blockstring with the slow forceball as cover, or if you prefer you can just jump back (while the slow forceball keeps them occupied) and start zoning from full screen again.

It doesn't burn a meter and I hardly ever use the slide as a finisher since I picked this up. They'll take more damage off guarding the blockstring (~7%) and slow forceball (2%) than they would have from the slide anyway, and the pressure is great. Against Cage players, I just drop that slow forceball, jump back, and watch them cry.

I think there must be a good time to use EX spit and a good time to use EX slow forceball, but I'm really not sure when EX spit would be more beneficial outside of pushback use in a combo like this.

i like where your head it at, but reptile has far better meter usage. if you choose to zone, a normal end 321 slide throws them enough to keep up a decent zone game, ill save my meter for a 44% and armored shoulder dashes/slides for anti zoning.

I'd generally rather use EX slow force ball for anti-air. I like the idea of using EX acid spit to push them back after a combo (since it does push them back to the full distance when you use it), but have you tried using 3,2,1, slow forceball at the end of the juggle? You're in perfect distance to elbow dash in and start a blockstring with the slow forceball as cover, or if you prefer you can just jump back (while the slow forceball keeps them occupied) and start zoning from full screen again.

It doesn't burn a meter and I hardly ever use the slide as a finisher since I picked this up. They'll take more damage off guarding the blockstring (~7%) and slow forceball (2%) than they would have from the slide anyway, and the pressure is great. Against Cage players, I just drop that slow forceball, jump back, and watch them cry.

I think there must be a good time to use EX spit and a good time to use EX slow forceball, but I'm really not sure when EX spit would be more beneficial outside of pushback use in a combo like this.
Yeah i was just experiementing, trying to throw it out there as a thinking cap type deal. I am aware of the 321sfb at the end of a combo, i use it not so often. I need to implement it into my game alot more. As for the blockstring, I like to do 321 acidhand on a block for the pushback and good chip damage.

@biohazard, yeah im aware that he has better meter usage i am just trying to utilize different techniques for my own amusement basically and trying to stir up some use of his exspit basically. And i dont think 321 slide sets reptile up for that good of zoning (although i use it for my combo enders alot of the time)..an opponent can easily jump back in & start pressure and we all know reptile isn't the greatest in his air game. i would rather do the sfb after the 321 string for more pressure.

Just trying to find alternative ways to open up reptiles zoning abilities against characters that have a hard time zoning against him. I sometimes use his exspit as a quicker anti-air then a fb similar to sektors flamethrower as it throws some people off. I would like to find out the recovery/start up frames on exspit to utilize is as an anti-air when you have your opponent in the corner when they try to jump out, to keep them there also.

not really the proper thread for it but since it was mentioned here figure u will check here...threw together a couple rough ideas for ya here bud...

again, just ideas... (i wish sigs were limited to like 12kb not 9.8kb...HUGE difference in quality...)

oh wow man, thanks alot! could you maybe get rid of my name in them :X i know it sounds stupid but i was s tupid by making a name that says sektorcyrax without maining cyrax haa. i made the name basically as a sektor>cyrax type thing..i look retarded since i dont even use cyrax lol i was gonna pick him up but coulndt get used to him :/

those are awesome btw and ill be using one of those :)

haha ya no problem, do u want it to say anything in it? lemme know =]

hmm not getting the same error on the site as i did a couple of days ago either, so i will save the next batch of higher quality...