What's new

Southern Kombat Shout Outs thread

SZSR

Noob
First off that goes to everyone there, you guys were awesome. Super chill, but also super mature and composed during the tournament. This was my first offline tourney ever, and certainly a great one despite our size.

Pig of the Hut- I don't know if I should feel lucky or salty that I was your first opponent in the losers bracket, because once you got on a roll you were unstoppable with your Ermac, simply amazing dude. And being able to run the tourney, the stream, and still compete and win in the tourney against Lord of the Fly, is nothing to scoff at, at all. I feel grateful to have faced you in a number of casuals, so that I could refine my Smoke on you, even though I lost, I feel like a better player just for fighting you.

Lord of The Fly- Those Nightwolf, Sektor and Shang, holy cow. I'm grateful for the tip you gave me on less teleporting (learned you gave my brother the same tip lol), helped me survive a little longer than I expected against Pig and Jay. Cool and helpful to the end, and that grand finals, wow, I heard Nightwolf was good, but wow, that no meter combo had me scared everytime you did it in casuals and then when you pulled it on Pig, dang. Thanks for helping me improve my game.

Beeneeweenies- You do deserve the award for best handle at the tourney, who knew such a funny name could hide a threatening player, that Kano, and his Upball (lol), were great. Talking to you about Soul Calibur was an interesting experience because no one talks about Soul anymore, lol, glad to talk about Yoshimitsu. You were a great player all in all and like I said above, super chill. Hope we can have more offline matches later.

D-Que- Beastly, beast Cyrax. You were chill and cool and showed my brother's Kung what Cyrax was capable of. You held your own to Pig's Ermac and showed he isn't a pushover when the odds are against him. Great showing man, hope to fight you again soon.

Kalapixie- The only girl participating, much respect for that and great respect to showing you weren't free to fight, if anyone was gonna beat you, they had to earn it. I tied with you for last place, so i'm glad I was in the same shoes with a good player. Need to get some more matches online, since we're so close. Your BF was a cool dude definitely mellow and chill. Your bringing your PS3 and TV to stream on made the experience so awesome.

Skater Lee- The only Rep mainer at the tourney, thanks for having the casuals with me and mentioning how good of a tactic is 3, d+1, 2 for Smoke. You were eliminated early even though your Reptile showed pretty well in the tourney, honestly, if you had had a chance to get in you could've won.

Jay (Guy that mained Kung Lao, who was at PDP), first you brought a stick to the tourney, that was awesome, you definitely showed me stick players are something to be feared (since you beat me 2-0), and when you had to play Pig you chose Stryker of all guys, major respect for using him. Glad I could talk casually with you about all sorts of MK things.

Damon (the only other guy who mained Smoke there)- Smoke representation in the tourney is what it's all about. Smoke didn't get far, but we showed he was something to be trifled with, respect fellow Smoke player.

Cy_Strike (Jeebus)- Thanks for the Sub-Zero tips and great fights to watch. Your blue team gave my brother trouble. Personally, I feel he got lucky with that Xray but I won't know. As a skilled player, I can tell you can probably own my bro. in another fight, respect.

If i'm forgetting anyone, i'm sorry it's been a long day, but again, this tournament was awesome all of you, plus the unifier, Mortal Kombat, I understand fully why people are so hyped for offline, and I fully recommend anyone reading this to try to fight offline as soon as possible.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
gooood shit to everyone. mad props to pig for hosting it; regardless of the ridiculous heat, everything turned out great. more props to pig and fly for whooping my ass, d-que for styling with cyrax post-patch, sk8rlee's sick reptile, the twins for being great and cool to talk to, and everyone else for coming out. wish i'd gotten to play everyone. see ya next time!