What's new

Soul Steal Scaling Glitch(?)

DaeDraug

Noob
I don't know if it was known before, but there is something interesting in soul steal's scaling.

As you can see in video, when soul steal hits them really close to the ground it's scaled less.

This makes some combos more damaging. eg

2,2,1~d,b+4, d,f+4, EX Ground skull, d,b+2 dash b+2~SoulSteal

This combo will take 39% when dash is short, but when dash is a bit longer and soul steal hit them closer to the ground it deals 41%

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Mmh interesting dont think I`ve ever seen that before.

I have noticed that sometimes if I Soul Steal and do the same combo twice the damage will vary by a little bit

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
It does the same dmg, it just doesn't count the second soul steal hit for the first combo.

neutral jump punch is 5% dmg, and ss on a 2-hit combo is 14% total, made of two 7%.
In first example you get 5 + 7 as the combo(shows 12%), but it also takes away the second 7% from the soul steal. This is the one it doesn't show since there's no "1 hit combo 7%" for the game.
In the second example it counts all three hits, so it's 5 + 7 + 7.

Both do 19%, it's just the bad damage counting system. The only "glitch" (and thats something I can't really tell from the video) is that this happens when the enemy is close to the ground. I adressed this issue on another thread where Gaming_guru was getting 49% off a combo(ending in soul steal) and I would get 47%, but it was only counting the first 2% of my soul steal.(the game didn't consider the other 2% as part of the combo)

Hope that helps, nothing to worry.