What's new

Question - Quan Chi Sorcerer vs Summoner(full screen zoning)

Fullscreen Zoning

• Sorcerer

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Summoner

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
I'm trying to make Quan my secondary(a cookie if you guess who's my main... :DOGE)... but, i'm in the fence as which of these two, has the best "full screen zoning", Summoner Quan with the bat out, or Sorcerer on top of his sorceries and shit (the one that gives him one hit of armor, forgot the name)... so which one ???

P.S. sorry, if another post like this, already exists !!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm really starting to feel as if sorceror may be the better zoner. While the bat is undoubtedly a good tool fullscreen, armour portal literally makes people scared to approach, or rush in and do something silly. Not to mention when coming up against another zoner, you may not even get a chance to get the bat out, but if your armour portal is already up in sorceror you can trade and dictate how the fullscreen game is played.

Schuyler

Noob
I say summoner is better. One meter burn ruin from full screen you get the bat out launch it then you repeat. Your building meter cause there blocking and there taking hella chip. There not getting in and if they take there fingers off block there getting launched. You can use this time to do one more ruin set up a free bat and launch it. Wit sorcerer imo the gameplay is easy. Hit him with one lucky projectile and get in. With summoner you have to worry about the bat. As well as his full screen options. With sorcerer your only worrying about his usual stuff. Plus sorcer has that near unblockable vortex.

I say summoner is better. One meter burn ruin from full screen you get the bat out launch it then you repeat. Your building meter cause there blocking and there taking hella chip. There not getting in and if they take there fingers off block there getting launched. You can use this time to do one more ruin set up a free bat and launch it. Wit sorcerer imo the gameplay is easy. Hit him with one lucky projectile and get in. With summoner you have to worry about the bat. As well as his full screen options. With sorcerer your only worrying about his usual stuff. Plus sorcer has that near unblockable vortex.
Sorcerer has an unblockable vortex too?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I thought you were supposed to get a character to cover your bad matchups ie In MK9 I mained Kano and had Kabal to cover my bad MU's :DOGE
yeeeeaaaaah im supposed to, buuut im stupid so it didnt work out like that, on the bright side i actually think out of all 3 characters lasher is the best since i am seeing a lot of untapped potential, i honestly think lasher is way under rated

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
yeeeeaaaaah im supposed to, buuut im stupid so it didnt work out like that, on the bright side i actually think out of all 3 characters lasher is the best since i am seeing a lot of untapped potential, i honestly think lasher is way under rated
Tell me more. Why is it underrated?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
What are they? I haven't labbed Takeda yet and it would be interesting to know stuff when I do eventually.
B21BF2 or B2Lowscoop, that is an unreactable true 50/50 and at max range a majority of the cast cannot punish it on block. DF1 is also a really fast and good footsie tool/normal. lasher IMO is takedas best variation and is actually really good

Scott The Scot

B21BF2 or B2Lowscoop, that is an unreactable true 50/50 and at max range a majority of the cast cannot punish it on block. DF1 is also a really fast and good footsie tool/normal. lasher IMO is takedas best variation and is actually really good
Do you get a full combo off of these options?

Scott The Scot

yes you do, B21 EXBF2, NJP, 44 BF2
and B2 EX DB2 (njp if you want but it is really inconsistent, it is around a 1 frame link) 44 BF2
I forgot the exact percentages but it is mid 30's
Is it hitconfirmable though or is there a chance you could waste your meter?

Diego de Souza Costa

Armor portal isn't that scary from full screen. Bat all the way.
yeah... the only good use that i got out of the portal at full screen, was to get some meter(unless... i'm doing it... wrong... i don't know), with the bat, i feel like a have more options... + the swag on the bat combos is "way too damn high"....

P.S. the portal is pretty much useless against moves that pushes you, it seems to kill any feeling of "safety", when you cast the portal...

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
yeah... the only good use that i got out of the portal at full screen, was to get some meter(unless... i'm doing it... wrong... i don't know), with the bat, i feel like a have more options... + the swag on the bat combos is "way too damn high"....

P.S. the portal is pretty much useless against moves that pushes you, it seems to kill any feeling of "safety", when you cast the portal...
You're right. Shinnok's F22 (Imposter/Necromancer) pushes him out of the portal on the first hit.

The chip aura and armor aura makes the opponent not only respect attacking u but also respect not attacking u. If u end a combo with 4 chip aura u have enough time to check them with a rune right when they are standing up and get free chip damage with mb rune into an other rune.
141 armor rune is so effective vs anyone AND zoners that ive seen people just stop doing anything from fullscreen till the chip rune disappears after the 3rd time my armored zoning beating any counterzoning attempt.

Summoner is a Mix of zoner and mixup char, the bat follow up(s) threat is quit gud but u cant just summon the bat from midscreen wihtout getting punished badly, so just like sorcerer ull mostly only get it out after knockdown and the bat only last for 5 secs. But skull ~ F+LT ~ skull ~ Mb rune ~ rune/summon bat or Skull ~ Rune + Mid Batman ~ Mb rune ~ rune / summon bat are fullscreen zoning tactics covering almost the whole screen and doing some crauy chip damage while locking the opponent down.

I can'T say one is better overall but each are matchup depended, Summoner wont win zoning war with kenshi, while sorcerer will while Sorcerer wont win zoning against HQT due to MB straight laser breaking armor.

Diego de Souza Costa

...Summoner wont win zoning war with kenshi, while sorcerer will while Sorcerer wont win zoning against HQT due to MB straight laser breaking armor.
he will win tho.... (un)balanced kenshi and Possessed gets destroyed by summoner quan(at fullscreen), on (un)balanced, just neutral duck tele flurry, and just follow up with, rune > MB > bat > skull > bat fireball > rune, and he'll get trapped... on possessed, demon fury, is a mid(so u can't duck), but, block, and do the same thing, demon drop, is faster than telekinetic slash(-50 fucking something.... -_-), but you can't also neutral jump into air skull.... :,(