What's new

Sonya's overhead tackle damage

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Does anyone know the reason why sometimes it's 13% and sometimes 15%? I'll do a 45% corner combo end it with 112ms overhead and get 15% for a 60% total damage combo, but other times it will come out with 13% or even less. Why?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
is this training mode? cause I don't really trust what those damage indicators say, I don't believe they are right 100% of the time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Does anyone know the reason why sometimes it's 13% and sometimes 15%? I'll do a 45% corner combo end it with 112ms overhead and get 15% for a 60% total damage combo, but other times it will come out with 13% or even less. Why?

Damage scaling in-between two separate combos has an extremely tight window. If you complete the full corner combo and immediately throw out the overhead tackle and it connects, the damage will be scaled very slightly. If you wait any longer than that and connect the tackle, it's back up to 15%.

Again, the scaling window is very tight, hard to notice.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Damage scaling in-between two separate combos has an extremely tight window. If you complete the full corner combo and immediately throw out the overhead tackle and it connects, the damage will be scaled very slightly. If you wait any longer than that and connect the tackle, it's back up to 15%.

Again, the scaling window is very tight, hard to notice.
This^

Basically if you do 112 military stance than do the over head tackle immediately after it as if it was all one combo, the damage will be less. But if you wait for just a little bit for them to actually be reset and you see the other character block, it will be 15%

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
But when you wait that frame or too your leaving yourself vulnerable too a armor attack right?

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
But when you wait that frame or too your leaving yourself vulnerable too a armor attack right?

ya exactly. From what I gathered if you get the 15% version it means the opponent could have escaped it. That's specially true in her corner bnb when they can just jump out and punish you.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
There is also the instance where the game incorporates block stun into the over all damage. It happens with a few characters for instance if you do CSZ reset using the up4 bomb on a standing character, if you input the 21 1+2 fast enough the game counts the chip damage into the damage making it higher, so you dont count chip damage into the over all damage because the sum given is already correct. If you wait a bit longer the game removes the chip damage from the equation and gives you the raw damage numbers, in this case you can count the chip damage because it was excluded.