What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Sonya's grenades do not trade-off with klone

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Demolition Sonya's grenades not only shatter klone but hit Sub-Zero after. Especially painful in the corner, where Sonya is already pretty strong.

Shouldn't her grenades be considered projectiles, trade-off with klone and not hit Sub?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i love how they do this, at least we have one tool for sub turtles... i get its hard core, but i say its not devistating, just realize on that MU your clone isnt as safe when grenade's are up, and know that when she throws it u can use one of SZ's extremely fast advances and combo during her throw of SG or FG, so many options there. on one combo when she is on last Grenade on leg, breaker right after she throws it, and leave her with none then turtle up like only a SZ Player can

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I love when people trying to justified the klone lacking of ability, the klone got some cooldown, it's disappears on block, some char can poke it out, fuck, there's the breathing hitbox stuff happening as well. at the very least let projectiles be projectiles.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I love when people trying to justified the klone lacking of ability, the klone got some cooldown, it's disappears on block, some char can poke it out, fuck, there's the breathing hitbox stuff happening as well. at the very least let projectiles be projectiles.
So Sonya gets Unbreakable damage? Yea let's do that!

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
So, if you throw an explosive grenade at someone hiding behind a block of ice... It not only shatters the klone, but also hits the person behind it due to the explosion... Interesting.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
So, if you throw an explosive grenade at someone hiding behind a block of ice... It not only shatters the klone, but also hits the person behind it due to the explosion... Interesting.
that same block of ice also blocks rocket launchers. it's shattered but the person behind it unharmed, it's interesting indeed.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
lol why would sub zero use clone while he's in the corner?
It happens mid-screen as well. And you could try to set up klone in the corner to follow it up with ex slide.

This is not the point though. The point is that klone offers no protection from grenades. I understand that this variation of Sonya revolves around them, but so this variation of Sub revolves around Klone and it already is in need of fix due to game mechanics that allows hitboxes get a bit smaller each time character exhales.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It happens mid-screen as well. And you could try to set up klone in the corner to follow it up with ex slide.

This is not the point though. The point is that klone offers no protection from grenades. I understand that this variation of Sonya revolves around them, but so this variation of Sub revolves around Klone and it already is in need of fix due to game mechanics that allows hitboxes get a bit smaller each time character exhales.
You would give her stupid unbreakable damage just to fix your clone? No, that would be ridiculous.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Grenade would still go through it.

It will never happen. Stop asking and adapt, or just pick a different character.
Cannot pick another character. You could as well tell me to drop MKX. Might have some fun with Pred but it will last only for that long. Besides "pick a different char" stand point will never lead to having all of the cast viable at high level play, which I enjoy watching a lot.

Trying to adapt is hard though when you cannot rely on your tools. I'd love to see all characters viable at high level play. But it will never happen if game mechanics causes your special moves not to come out randomly. At least let us hope that NRS will modify MB Klone so that it always comes up by upping start up frames a bit.

I hear that people hate klone. They have no reason to. There are multiple ways around it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Cannot pick another character. You could as well tell me to drop MKX. Might have some fun with Pred but it will last only for that long. Besides "pick a different char" stand point will never lead to having all of the cast viable at high level play, which I enjoy watching a lot.

Trying to adapt is hard though when you cannot rely on your tools. I'd love to see all characters viable at high level play. But it will never happen if game mechanics causes your special moves not to come out randomly. At least let us hope that NRS will modify MB Klone so that it always comes up by upping start up frames a bit.

I hear that people hate klone. They have no reason to. There are multiple ways around it.
People dont hate clone. People hate how the sub community constantly bitches about the clone. We hate it even more when you try and disguise it as a thread like this by giving one example of where it hinders you in one MU.

Those arent bugs as Tom Brady and Colt have explained. The EX Clone wont come out if you are right next to the opponent. The clones hitbox is made so that people can poke through it(I think thats dumb and should be changed, for the record).

If you guys must PLEASE make a "Sub Zero Bugs and Possible Fixes" Thread, then list out what you consider to be bugs. Posting a new thread every week about supposed bugs and turning the thread into another clone bitchfest will never get anyone on your side.

I admire character loyalty but if you cant make him work then that is your problem, not anyone else's.