What's new

Sonya Vs Jax

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Every time a Jax player does any variant of the F4 string just mash 11 on block and you're guaranteed a combo.
Apparently the recovery of his F4 on block is long enough for her 11 to both hit and reach.
She can also dive kick punish him as well, but it seems to be a very small window. 11 is easiest to hitconfirm and obviously safer.

Have fun

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Cool beans. Unfortunately, I don't see many Jaxs, much less any that know what they're doing. Useful info for when it comes up though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
cartwheel is one of her best move, but we can throw her out of it. We just gotta play smarter.
Nah the D4 kills Jax, so does the divekick if you wanna GP or cancel. But now because she can just divekick you after a blocked string it means that he pretty much should never win the matchup, despite him being able to do the same to her. She just has too many ways to hurt him compared.

He just cant use F4 in this matchup at all, the moment the first hit of the F413 string is blocked she can just mash 11 and go into a combo for free.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Obviously the only way to protect yourself is to expend a bar of meter and might i say that using a bar of meter just to make sure you cant get punished is just border line hysterical

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Obviously the only way to protect yourself is to expend a bar of meter and might i say that using a bar of meter just to make sure you cant get punished is just border line hysterical
All that means to me is. 'I'm not gonna save my meter for a breaker because I cant touch you without wasting it' haha

shura30

Shura
shouldn't this work from sonya's side too?

you can duck under everything (11, 21) beside standing 4 which won't combo into specials

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
shouldn't this work from sonya's side too?

you can duck under everything (11, 21) beside standing 4 which won't combo into specials
No because when you play as Sonya it is very easily to jail some1 into standing block because of the fear of the divekick. Or just make them want to block most of the time in general because of D4 MS attacks, you'd be suprised at the amount of times you can get away with 114 against ppl that are aware.

Sonyas 2 1 string is pretty useless anyhow unless its hitconfirmed from a divekick.

You can play a whole round on footsies with her and kill the opponent, shes a rediculous character but it seems as though people havent seen enough of her madness yet.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I have, she is ridiculous.
Thing about her is that nobody has played Sonya to her fullest yet because not everybody defends against her properly as it is. Its strange that the more people know about her the more she can do to them. I've managed to get so many safe jumps off of her F4 lately its rediculous. She has a mixup from every single movement/hit she makes its insane.

A good round from her is a good watch too, relentless.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Every time a Jax player does any variant of the F4 string just mash 11 on block and you're guaranteed a combo.
Apparently the recovery of his F4 on block is long enough for her 11 to both hit and reach.
She can also dive kick punish him as well, but it seems to be a very small window. 11 is easiest to hitconfirm and obviously safer.

Have fun
I don't understand what you mean.

His F4 1 3 is safe and sometimes plus on block. How can you punish it?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't understand what you mean.

His F4 1 3 is safe and sometimes plus on block. How can you punish it?
Block his F4 and start mashing 11 and you'll either interupt the 3 which makes him airbourne for a juggle or you'll interupt his 1 which means you get a full combo punish, check my thread out in the Jax forums

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Fought a good Jax player tonight and this actually really helped me to beat him. Thank you F0xy.