What's new

Sonya Punish

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Look at her frame data you will know.......

Cartwheel on block........block string (you wont be able to get any damage because she is only -3 after this but you can slow down the pain)

Divekick on block ........probably spear if your fast enough
Ark kick is a full combo punish on block and on wiff if you know the spacing

Look at her frame data you will know.......

Cartwheel on block........block string (you wont be able to get any damage because she is only -3 after this but you can slow down the pain)

Divekick on block ........probably spear if your fast enough
Ark kick is a full combo punish on block and on wiff if you know the spacing
In other words....no.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If you block either the divekick or Arc Kick, you can dash in and punish with a full combo.

Her cartwheel is safe on block, but she loses advantage after it, allowing you to counter-poke and either escape or get some pressure going - provided Sonya has no meter to burn for an EX Cartwheel. And as others have said, you can punish either a normal cartwheel or EX Cartwheel with the neutral jump-punch, or a whiff punish if you know your spacing.

Her Stance mix-ups can be interrupted, usually by armor, but I believe some characters can poke out also. The mix-ups from her Stance are actually safe on block (to be honest, I don't know why this is the case), but even this has a downside. If she guesses right in a mix-up, you have the choice of either getting away or surprising her with a Wake-Up to stop her rushdown game.

Sonya's not a rushdown character like some think. She's all about mix-ups. It just seems that a vast majority of players don't know how to exploit the holes in her rushdown, which is why some overrate her...she's still quite solid, don't get me wrong.