What's new

Sonya OTG

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Very good find. This is very similar to Mr. Mileena's OTG that was just found with Kitana. This is just another way for sonya to get free pressure while an opponent is trying to get out. Can it be done off any knockdown?​

REO

Undead
Very good find. This is very similar to Mr. Mileena's OTG that was just found with Kitana. This is just another way for sonya to get free pressure while an opponent is trying to get out. Can it be done off any knockdown?​
Yes. It works when ever your opponent decides to lay grounded.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Discussion of this tactic originated in the thread where Mr. Mileena's OTG with Kitana was covered.

Couldn't you just cancel into Stance off a d3 poke and get a guaranteed follow-up even though the d3 is -7 on block? You cancel much faster into the Stance off a d3 than you would off a standing 4. Up until now, I've been using d3 for this set-up when I knock the opponent down.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Discussion of this tactic originated in the thread where Mr. Mileena's OTG with Kitana was covered.

Couldn't you just cancel into Stance off a d3 poke and get a guaranteed follow-up even though the d3 is -7 on block? You cancel much faster into the Stance off a d3 than you would off a standing 4. Up until now, I've been using d3 for this set-up when I knock the opponent down.
Ive used d3~MS for the same sort of effect yeah, getting a pretty much guaranteed 4~kartwheel to check people after a throw though is good chip/combo damage and will make them want to hold block when they are down opening them up to 4~ms pressure.

REO

Undead

You could, but it's a lot easier to be interrupted when using d+3~MS.

Shady

Noob
so if I roll back, will I avoid this all together?
Tech rolling and doing wake ups blows this strategy up, that's what he meant. This is more so for using against players who chose to not do anything for a few moments on the ground after knockdown. Sonya can stuff a lot of wake ups in this game, or at least nullify them for more pressure for her off something like a D4. What this means is that some opponents without viable wake up options will chose to lie down and let Sonya poke over them. This will no longer let them do that, either forcing them to eat more pressure or to find wake up options. On some moves I think, where the knockdown stun is longer this will pretty much guarantee at least chip (I think).

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Can't tech roll throws can you?

Also, are there any other standing 4's that OTG? Talk about a move that doesn't look like it should do so.