What's new

Sonya MS zoning

Biologic

Noob
I haven't tested this much, but against purely rush down characters like johnny or Jax you can zone them much like freddy does, using MS to keep them at a distance.

You can cancel MS into block, any special, dash in for pressure or a grab, or do a normal MS attack.
MS 4 is zero on block and a great AA,
MS 2 is -5 on block but creates a lot of space and if they try to to start pressure you can easily jump back and dive kick them
MS F1 can be thrown in every now and then if they're not blocking low, it'll slow down there apporch once they're respecting it and it's +1 on block
MS B2 can be used as an AA on rare occasions
MS can be canceled into ring toss

JC is a cake match for Sonya with this, I'm surprised I've never seen anyone do it before.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Can do MS and cancel into rings to bait jumps, that way the MSB2 becomes useful, especially against Kitana.

Other than that you're probably better off with D4 since MSF1 is easily punished if you miss

Biologic

Noob
MSF1 doesn't have to be used to often, just to check them.

I'm mostly considering this against major rush down characters though, I've yet to test it against anyone really good with Cage, but it seems effective none the less.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Can do MS and cancel into rings to bait jumps, that way the MSB2 becomes useful, especially against Kitana.

Other than that you're probably better off with D4 since MSF1 is easily punished if you miss
Is a MSF1 guaranteed after a 112?

Biologic

Noob
Is a MSF1 guaranteed after a 112?
I'm not talking about using MS as a mix up, or anything I mean as a straight up zoning tool as Freddy uses it. It's not nearly as effective as when freddy does it, but you can still soften up Johnny cage a ton or at least throw him a serious curve ball.