What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonya Match Videos

Kensou

Noob
Figured I'd start something up here so people can get an idea of what to do with Sonya and view different play styles. So to kick start, here's my Sonya...

Winner Finals

Grand Finals

really nice. I like the constant pressure with the jump punch 114. more consistent than trying to land the b21f2 from it, i mess it up into a ring so many times cuz of neg edge. I might start mixing up with the 114 mil f1 more too, you kept nailing him with that over and over until he decided to block low lol

Thank you sooo much for posting this. I really realized what I'm doing wrong. I got so into Sonya's awesome combos, that I didn't see how effective her long block strings were. I'm definitely gonna make sure to do some reps of combos that start with 114 next time I'm in training mode.

Kensou

Noob
Yah, her 1,1,4 string is consistent and does solid chip damage and allows for some really good pressure. The b2,1,f2 string I like but being consistent without getting a ring can be painful. The damage from the combo I do in the videos isn't the most damaging non jump in or dive kick but its consistent damage and allows for you to maintain positioning. Not to mention it's just plain easier to execute! I think the bulk of your execution should be you maintaining solid offense and trickery when you happen to get inside in my opinion. The little damage adds up quickly and makes the enemy want to make a move to get away from you which in turn at that point, allows you to punish accordingly to their mistakes.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Nice video man. As a Shang user I have no experience fighting against a good Sonya, so when that elusive Sonya player challenges me, I know I'll get my ass kicked. Time to hit the training room again.

hello,
here some lil match vids from my sonya <3
i wish some feedbacks, every would be much appreciate!
what can i do better?? on wich situation ect.
thnx a lot!

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
hello,
here some lil match vids from my sonya <3
i wish some feedbacks, every would be much appreciate!
what can i do better?? on wich situation ect.
thnx a lot!
Well, I got some advices for you:

- Start the Round 1 using :d+:bk. If your opponent doesn't move, he will definitely be hit by the low kick, thus giving that one bar advantage.
- :d+:bk pokes in the middle of the match are great too. It's great for mind games, and can break the pressure that your opponent might be doing. Also, if you're close enough to them, you can do it twice.
- NEVER press :bk after a Dive Kick. You're just wasting your chance of draining 40%+ of your opponent's healthbar. Use :bp:fp canceling to her Cartwheel Kick, then use any followup you want (Suggestion for a very easy and effective follow-up: Dash, :l+:bp:fp:r+:fp... :bp:fp: xx LegGrab);
- Good combo after blocking Mileena's Roll or Teleport Kick: :fp... Dash, :fp:fp xx Cartwheel... Dash, :bp xx LegGrab.

Also, I didn't know we had a Sonya Match Videos here!

Here are mine! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Sonya King Of The Hill run #1:

Sonya vs. Kratos & Raiden:

Sonya vs. Sub-Zero:

Sonya King Of The Hill run #2:

Sonya vs. Kung Lao (best one, IMO):

What do you guys think? =D

hi poto
nice sonya, respect!!
i see some things u do, i will try 2 do it also ^^
but 1 thing, can u next time make only 1 video and put ur best fights there, like a lil compilation, u know what i mean?
thnx 4 ur vids^^

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Here is some Sonya play by arguably the best Sonya in the World right now. He is MortySeinfeld on these boards.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Here is some Sonya play by arguably the best Sonya in the World right now. He is MortySeinfeld on these boards.
The more Sonya Match videos I watch, more confident I am that I'm the ONLY Sonya player on the whole world who doesn't go for a :fp:fp:bk combo! LOL
Morty's Sonya is INSANE! Amazing!
Such a shame he's not on PSN. I'd LOVE to fight him... =/

hi poto
nice sonya, respect!!
i see some things u do, i will try 2 do it also ^^
but 1 thing, can u next time make only 1 video and put ur best fights there, like a lil compilation, u know what i mean?
thnx 4 ur vids^^
Well, I'm more confortable uploading videos based on what person I'm fighting against. But yeah, I know, that's a lot of videos! LOL
But I can look forward for creating a compilation sometime. It would be cool!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The more Sonya Match videos I watch, more confident I am that I'm the ONLY Sonya player on the whole world who doesn't go for a :fp:fp:bk combo! LOL
Morty's Sonya is INSANE! Amazing!
Such a shame he's not on PSN. I'd LOVE to fight him... =/
We are on PSN as well. Add Sao_87 and just let us know a time you would like to play, we will be streaming on XBL tonight. Stream url in my signature.

offtopic:

please check the video in post#15, the first one against raiden and go 3.03... the comentator imitate what raiden says in superman.. <3

LMFAO !!!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dive Kick, 2, 1 Carthwheel Slight Dash B2,1,F2, 1, dash in, 1, 1, 2 MS F1 into carthweel for safety...

You dont have to do the Cartwheel after the F1, you can use the F1 alone as a divekick setup on block if you know that theyre going to try to poke. Sonya is all mind games, if you do f1 and they just block after it you can try for a block string if theyre scared of the divekick