What's new

Sonya Kombos

• Mess Hall :)l:bp->:fp->:r:bp) -> Kartwheel :)d:r:fk) xx Leg grab :)l:r:bk) = 29% Damage
  • :fk->:bk xx Kartwheel :)d:r:fk) -> uppercut :)d:bp) = 23% Damage
  • Playtime :)fk->:fp->:bp) xx Military Stance :)d:l:bp) + Double Kick :)bk) = 20% Damage
without Meter, easy and good dmg. Very Basic.

R.E.L.

Noob
Here are some Sonya BnBs. Courtesy of After Dark Gaming. Combo notations are in video description.

1. :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, jump kick~air throw

2. :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :l+:bp:fp~cartwheel/:en cartwheel, :bp~:en leg grab

3. jump in punch~:d+:bk~:fk:fp~cartwheel/:en cartwheel, :bp~:en leg grab

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
1. :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, jump kick~air throw

2. :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :l+:bp:fp~cartwheel/:en cartwheel, :bp~:en leg grab

3. jump in punch~:d+:bk~:fk:fp~cartwheel/:en cartwheel, :bp~:en leg grab
As far as starting with a B+BP this deals more:

:l+:bp :fp xx Cartwheel > Dash > :l+:bp :fp :r+:bp, j.:fk xx Dive Kick

You can start the combo with just :bp :fp xx Carthweel instead which is much more reasonable close up due to it's speed, which is especially good after a blocked r:+:bk that as far as I know leaves you plus on block.

Lt.Blade

Noob
I've never felt so Happy in my life this is AWESOME, :bigsmile::congrats::china::D:dance: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH WORDS cannot express my heart felt gratitude for showing these awesome combos thank you so much :china:

Lt.Blade

Noob
Well what's that other Kick,Punch combo :r+:bk:bp? BTW Wonder are you going to be working on Military Stance combos anytime soon?

Sequel

Boob Titbot
It looks like Sonya's X-Ray is a waste of meter. Her EX moves are solid and do better damage when used in combos.

Lt.Blade

Noob
It looks like Sonya's X-Ray is a waste of meter. Her EX moves are solid and do better damage when used in combos.
I know right I saw a Sindel Combo on YT it does 43% damage It's kind of not fair IMO I mean her X-Ray combo you do a hell of a lot more,but ppl just use X-Ray for show.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Style
is all you need!

Seriously though it sucks unless you can punish with it I guess. I still think breaker is way more worth it.

As far as I can tell her EN moves all suck except for adding damage.

EGP Wonder_Chef

What I don't like about this combo is the last part where she throws them OUT of the corner.
Honestly it was designed more to show the damage potential if given the proper situation. I find that over 90% of the time you'll just be using the first combo.

@Wonder in regards to the video below is the dashing after Cartwheel to do :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp difficult?
Depends on what you consider difficult, but generally I would say it's of medium difficulty. It took me probably about an hour of practice to get it down consistantly.

I actually have the most trouble doing 2 1 xx Cartwheel, surprisingly.... Why do I have to fail at the easy stuff? haha

Lt.Blade

Noob
Honestly it was designed more to show the damage potential if given the proper situation. I find that over 90% of the time you'll just be using the first combo.

Depends on what you consider difficult, but generally I would say it's of medium difficulty. It took me probably about an hour of practice to get it down consistantly.

I actually have the most trouble doing 2 1 xx Cartwheel, surprisingly.... Why do I have to fail at the easy stuff? haha
Lol ,the dashing looks easy to flow into,but looks are deceiving, so I was wondering about it, are you going to post any combos dealing with Military Stance anytime soon? Oh BTW is she a safe character? By the looks of it I think she is,I see all her jumps stuff is safe,and how about her recovery frames?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Lol ,the dashing looks easy to flow into,but looks are deceiving, so I was wondering about it, are you going to post any combos dealing with Military Stance anytime soon? Oh BTW is she a safe character? By the looks of it I think she is,I see all her jumps stuff is safe,and how about her recovery frames?
There's probably a better thread for this but whatever.

He Dive kick is punishable but due to the range, surprise factor, and sometimes switching sides, your opponent has to really be waiting for it.

Cartwheel is safe as far as I can tell, so that's pretty nice.

Most of her normal chains are safe and leave you at either even or an advantage too, especially her :r+:bk.

As far as combos with Military Stance, I'm not really sure how much there is to explore with it. The only followup that you can combo after is the :l+:bp launcher, and that doesn't combo after something like :bp :fp. I'll try to figure something out eventually.

I found a lot of combos that end in the dive kick came out much more consistently if you neg edge the dive kick. so you don't accidentally hit 4 to early and waste frames even though dive kick does cancel which is a weird property for me.

neg edge is not something i was aware that mortal kombat did is that new?

also i don't know how much easier neg edge will be if you play pad i guess.

Lt.Blade

Noob
I found a lot of combos that end in the dive kick came out much more consistently if you neg edge the dive kick. so you don't accidentally hit 4 to early and waste frames even though dive kick does cancel which is a weird property for me.

neg edge is not something i was aware that mortal kombat did is that new?

also i don't know how much easier neg edge will be if you play pad i guess.
What is Neg Edge? Elaborate!

What is Neg Edge? Elaborate!
Negative edge basicly means, a special move can be performed with either pushing the button or releasing the button, like with sonya try holding down 2, and the go back, towards and releasing 2 her projectile will still come out.

in this case i was starting to hold down 4 when in the middle of the active frames of the other part of the combo, then jumping and hitting down and releasing 4. the dive kick comes out.

I will look for an article to explain it better if you don't understand. there is a lot of threads about it on SRK but i dunno the rules for posting links to those forums.

Lt.Blade

Noob
Negative edge basicly means, a special move can be performed with either pushing the button or releasing the button, like with sonya try holding down 2, and the go back, towards and releasing 2 her projectile will still come out.

in this case i was starting to hold down 4 when in the middle of the active frames of the other part of the combo, then jumping and hitting down and releasing 4. the dive kick comes out.

I will look for an article to explain it better if you don't understand. there is a lot of threads about it on SRK but i dunno the rules for posting links to those forums.
That;s very interesting kind similar to buffering,but a different method Nice! =DDDDD

That;s very interesting kind similar to buffering,but a different method Nice! =DDDDD
you would use it alot more playing street fighter i guess, but i guess in the case of sonya it's just easier for the divekick for me, that was you can accidently mess it up.

in street fighter it has alot more use since you hold back to block. and you can make certian option selects work because of it.