What's new

Sony reveals PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Taken from SRK.

Just a few hours ago, Sony revealed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale – a Super Smash Bros-style fighting game for the PS3. In a new interview over at the PlayStation Blog, SuperBot Entertainment’s Game Director, Omar Kendall explains how they integrated some of the more unusual characters into the game. There’s quite a bit of gameplay footage shown and we get to learn a bit more about the level design.

Perhaps most interesting are the details from the blog itself. When it comes to the gameplay, there’s support for up to four players simultaneously and you can play cooperatively in addition to having free for all competition. Kendall goes on to explain how the game will feature “cool game modes” with both single player and multiplayer in mind. The focus is on online play though, which apparently includes a robust tournament mode.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale releases this holiday season for the PS3. More details on the game will be announced at E3, so stay tuned.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/27/playstation-all-stars-to-be-accessible-yet-deep-features-robust-tournament-mode/

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
THE LOOK ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
The lifelong God Of War/Twisted Metal fan in me is dancing with joy like a fucking lunatic and a boner like Ron Jeremy.
Oh. My. Effin. Gods.

If they add Cole McGrath, I'll have a fucking stroke.
If they add Ratchet, I'll have a stroke that'll upgrade at Level 5 to a Stroke Cannon.

#SWAG

THE LOOK ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
The lifelong God Of War/Twisted Metal fan in me is dancing with joy like a fucking lunatic and a boner like Ron Jeremy.
Oh. My. Effin. Gods.

If they add Cole McGrath, I'll have a fucking stroke.
If they add Ratchet, I'll have a stroke that'll upgrade at Level 5 to a Stroke Cannon.

#SWAG
Be careful. That could turn you gay.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
whattttttttttttttt this game looks fun! if they put anyone from final fantasy, and or crash bandicoot i will be sold

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I never hated Smash, but I was never crazy about it, either.
Mainly because if I wanted any part of its characters, I could easily play any of their respective games, and because Nintendo has already done the "Smash together all of our company's characters into X type of game and let 'em go crazy" several times over.

But this...this a whole 'nother story.
This is like the Playstation-dedicated player's equivalent of if the FGC got MK VS SF VS Marvel VS Tekken.
Example: Your average God Of War addict (me :) ) now has an entirely new plane of opponents to fucking DESTROY.

Give it to me, Boxy wants it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Wow that's pretty shameless.

Seeing kirby, mario, link, and samus fight was pretty cool and somewhat believable. Watching kratos kill sackboy or nathan drake would just be kinda weird.