What's new

Sony hacked again, another 1 million passwords exposed.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
"LulzSecurity (LulzSec), a group of hackers that recently gained notoriety for hacking PBS.org’s home page with an image of NyanCat, announced Thursday that it has stolen data from Sony. It’s yet another in a seemingly endless string of embarrassing security incidents for the company, but what’s shocking is just how exposed the data was to begin with.

In a press release posted to their Web site, LulzSec claims to have broken into SonyPictures.com and “compromised over 1,000,000 users’ personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts.”

The theft included 75,000 “music codes” and 3.5 million “music coupons,” according to the group. LulzSec has posted segments of data they claim to have taken from Sony’s server to serve as proof of their accomplishment."

SonyPictures.com isn’t directly related to the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Network - it’s Sony’s consumer-facing Internet site for information on their movies, television and home entertainment offerings on Blu-Ray Disc and other formats. But Sony’s many Web sites and servers have been on the receiving end of security probes and hack attacks for some time, exacerbated by the company’s legal proceedings against George “Geohot” Hotz, a programmer who sought to “jailbreak” or enable the PlayStation 3 console to support Linux operating system software - a feature Sony once supported itself, but later removed in a firmware update. Since the widely-publicized outage of the PlayStation Network, hackers have stepped up their attempts to break into Sony’s systems.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gamification/sony-hacked-again-another-1m-passwords-exposed/437

:facepalm:

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Actually, I think this thread needs to me moved. It isn't actually related to PSN, just affects the company.

This is ridiculous.. Are they going to take PSN down again -.-

Maybe this will result in more "I'm Sorry, Take Some More Free Games" packages.