What's new

Sonic Fox Wins MKX at The CommonWealth 2015!

those grand finals were ridiculous
Dang how many tourneys is this kid gonna win!! :eek:
you gotta ackknowledge that Fox is an amazing and probably the best player right now, but i like how he got challenged by as many players as never before since his win streak started. saltface and mit took matches, king could have beaten him if he didnt drop that many combos and denzell was as close as you can get.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
All the players have scouted Sonic Fox's game completely, yet he still finds ways to keep on winning.

DJT didn't win, but he evolved the game with his Fisticuffs Johnny. Look for a wave of emulators and also players looking to find the next new thing...

BS3OOO

Noob
WOOOWWW! Hype as fuck. Congrats @SonicFox5000! Phenominal play man. Nice way to bounce back and take out team YOMI.

@YOMI DJT nice play man. Good job 3-0'ing SonicFox. I would've been hyped for you if you would've taken your 2nd tournament in a row. I was pulling for you or Sonic to win before the tournament started. Can't wait to see more of your Lao and Fisticuffs.

Great tournament

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
i didnt think anybody could stop the 121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

but dam GGS to Denzel and SonicF ... sick ass GF's

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
@Marvaz

I tried to post in the original thread but it appears to be closed now. Are you actually saying you won the bet because DJT beat Sonicfox BEFORE the finals? My understanding (obviously) was that the bet was for whoever won the tournament, which is what Fox did....and he beat DJT in grand finals to do it.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
didnt get to see the pool play but the top 8 was very impressive again. Saltface has moved up my overall player rankings after beating afoxygrampa.

i cant help but think michaelangelo choked. it seemed he has the tools to win but cant quite put it all together. still rooting for him always tho. Quan chi has become a underdog lately.

sonicfox is just the best overall player atm so i can't hate on MIT or DJT for not taking him down all 3 are incredible players.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I don't think it's Cage's footsies that people were talking about -- the issue is what happens with Fisticuffs' b12 in the corner specifically.

There are a couple of characters with super fast armor that are able to armor out (like Sub, Reptile), but with a lot of characters, the b12 breaks armor for full combo. It also beats attempts to jump out, duck and poke, backdash (which works midscreen but not in the corner), etc. while doing a bunch of chip on block.

The rest is fine, but I think the concern was that repeated b12 may be borderline ridiculous against a lot of the cast in the corner.
Remember when people were mad at Kung Jin's armor stuffing f3?.............Lol.

Matix218

Get over here!
This game is too good. Ill see all you yomi guys next week!
Top 8 was AMAZING
Be honest, did you put those caltrops there on purpose to beat that teleport?

:DOGE

Congrats man, grand finals was awesome!

Question, were you happy when djt left fisticuffs cage for tempest lao? Just curious.

Keep up the good work

"Marvel shit"? Mortal Kombat X is the new Marvel - a majorly simplified and extremely offensive based fighting game for the uneducated masses to view and enjoy.
loool #kissesfingertips

no but seriously, hey, at least you've watered it down from being all about "50/50s" to just being "extremely offensive," i assume that's how you're doing the mental gymnastics you need to justify how "50/50" characters lost to like mileena and fisticuffs johnny and stuff. progress!