What's new

Something I've Never Understood Regarding Frame Data in NRS Games

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Let me preface this by saying that I understand frame data. I've played fighting games since I was a child (mostly SF and MK,) but I've never fully understood crouching attacks (D1, D4, etc) in NRS games. They can be canceled, but they can't combo (despite the frame data CLEARLY indicating that they should indeed combo). Instead, the opponent is somehow able to block while negative. How is this possible? Thanks in advance, mates.

Last edited:
Take it as a game mechanic. You can't combo of a down poke, or other normal on hit (unless you cancel them or juggle the enemy).If you hit a normal that is let's say +15 on hit, you should be able to hit another time in the next 15 frames, but in fact he will be able to block.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Take it as a game mechanic. You can't combo of a down poke, or other normal on hit (unless you cancel them or juggle the enemy).If you hit a normal that is let's say +15 on hit, you should be able to hit another time in the next 15 frames, but in fact he will be able to block.
THAT'S SO WEIRD, but I can dig it. Thanks for the reply, mate. Cheers.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
It'll really blow your mind when you realize you can cancel into specials from D1 in Injustice.
I was never too wild about the Injustice games. I enjoyed the first one, but Injustice 2 kinda left me hanging. I noticed the crouching cancel/combo thing in MK9 and IGAU, but never spent enough time with I2 to really notice. It's definitely strange though.