What's new

someone mentioned that u should standing block f3 lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
care to confirm that with reo? just to be sure?, i don't wanna do something and find out its wrong lol.

Axel_Redd

k so duck his pressure like normal, but if i think he's just gonna repeat f3 over and over i can block it standing and then jump? is that what u mean?

Axel_Redd

so what am i supposed to do? xD how do i get out of his pressure and shift the momentum

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Block crouching and poke out of his nonsense. His pressure isn't redonkulous unless he corners you, that's when b3 and sweep distant spacing for aa's become a pain in the arse. If you attempt to cross over as mentioned above you can easily be aa'd by a d1, b3, or standing 1 in to a full combo. I would only suggest crossing up in the middle of your own pressure strings. Don't telegraph it though.

Axel_Redd

i still like to take a chance and jump out if i have the chance. btw if i read his combo right and block the f33b3 where should i go from there if say i was playing kitana...i know jumping is probably the worst idea in that case right?

After blocking the whole string it comes down to memorizing the Cage player's habits.
It's neutral so you both have options. Most players will back up to put space and react to things, which is really the best idea, but some super-aggressive players will throw out shadow kicks afterwards, so obviously just block and punish if you read that.

Axel_Redd

i need to play more cages with kitana, and need to work on my footsies. Lately ive been finding that doing d4 followed by b2 air fan or squareboost is a really good footsie especially against rushdown characters.

I stand block against cage sometimes, because I as a lao player dont interrupt with pokes but with 21. I duck block when I think f33 forceball is coming cuz I can punish that.