What's new

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!1

Nuke-Nin

Noob
I'm on xbox and can help you some with Zatanna. My tag is my name on TYM. Also yeah you get several rage quitters from your "spamming," but Zatanna is skillful zoning because you have to judge when they're going to jump, when they're going to attack so you can get them with a Puppet Master MB. And if they even try to jump then hit them in the air with a ring and as they're falling knock them into a Puppet Master MB. It's awfully difficult to land which is what makes her such a zoner who requires skill... unlike Superman and a few other spamming characters.
sent a friend request

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
First.
Injustice is different you have to abuse your characters bullshit to win. With Zatanna it's her gimmicks and zoning.
I suggest practicing your combo.
B1u3 j2 223 PM
B23 j 223 pm
MB multikicks b3 dash j2 f21
D2 3 mb PM

The. Her zoning takes skill
After every block ring from full screen you get a guarunteed puppet master so make them respect it. Them mix it up with up rings mb fireball and trait

In the corner try traiting up and abuse her lightning cage

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Just a little tip. If you want to get better youhave to learn frame data. If someones abusing a move like batmans b3 over and over(as you metioned prior) its not spam.
That move is just "plus" on block. If you dont understand that your gonna get killed in this game. Luckily ALL the frame data can be found in training mode

Nuke-Nin

Noob
It's just called zoning man.
Ah! Thank you! with DOA5 being the first game i took competitively the community is not the best for learning.. of course i know im fully responsible for my lack of skill, when im online I forget about important moves like B21, and once, PM

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Ah! Thank you! with DOA5 being the first game i took competitively the community is not the best for learning.. of course i know im fully responsible for my lack of skill, when im online I forget about important moves like B21, and once, PM
I play DOA5U as well, not as competitively as I want, still fun nonetheless. Yea just practice, no one starts off amazing and everyone needs help. I've learned to zone better by playing Laos twice lol. Practice doesn't make perfect, but it does make better.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
The way you're talking, you don't seem to understand her neutral game at all. It would basically require me to write an essay to explain what you should be doing right. It would be easier to just find vids of me, Mr. Mileena and other good Zatanna players to really grasp on what you should do.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
should I call it continous use non-stop of DB1 repeatedly/over and over??
It is the mindset/mentality you have that is the problem. You probably have either been playing Injustice for fun in a casual sense, or you are not used to this fighting style coming from DOA5. Regardless, the important factor in being good with your character is to understand your character fully. This means knowing every tool you have and being able to use the right tool for the right situation. If a matchup is determined by keeping the opponent out then you better believe that competitive people are going to do that. The "problem" you are facing is that you have not made that transition to being fully competitive, but you are getting there- the fact that you even sought out this website and asked for help is a step in the right direction.

Another point that needs to be made is, unless a tactic is literally game-breaking or broken then everything is fair. This might seem foreign to people who visualize a "fair fight" as two characters just fighting with their arms and their legs. In reality this is not the case (Unless its Flash vs Catwoman). This is because all characters are not the same, they have varied design philosophies, and have multiple tools at their disposal which allows people to play their characters differently in a range of playstyles.

You may be thinking "thats nice, but this doesn't explain how CODFAN123 keeps throwing bats and guns at me and I cant do anything! Its so frustrating!"

You need to realize you are not playing some static computer AI, but a human being trying to win in the best way they know how. Starting from mashing buttons with friends- to relying on a particular tactic like rushdown or zoning- to using their character to their fullest potential by using all the tools given to them. To combat this you have to play more but with a different mentality, a mentality with the driving thought of "anything goes" and "no mercy." Make an effort to go into practice mode and figure out punishes for tactics that you don't like to play against, and learn the max damage you can do in every situation. Also there is a multitude of videos of better Zatannas that you can learn from, remember if you see someone succeed against a tactic that you had trouble with and you don't incorporate it into your game then you deserve to lose.

Hope this helps.

Nuke-Nin

Noob
It is the mindset/mentality you have that is the problem. You probably have either been playing Injustice for fun in a casual sense, or you are not used to this fighting style coming from DOA5. Regardless, the important factor in being good with your character is to understand your character fully. This means knowing every tool you have and being able to use the right tool for the right situation. If a matchup is determined by keeping the opponent out then you better believe that competitive people are going to do that. The "problem" you are facing is that you have not made that transition to being fully competitive, but you are getting there- the fact that you even sought out this website and asked for help is a step in the right direction.

Another point that needs to be made is, unless a tactic is literally game-breaking or broken then everything is fair. This might seem foreign to people who visualize a "fair fight" as two characters just fighting with their arms and their legs. In reality this is not the case (Unless its Flash vs Catwoman). This is because all characters are not the same, they have varied design philosophies, and have multiple tools at their disposal which allows people to play their characters differently in a range of playstyles.

You may be thinking "thats nice, but this doesn't explain how CODFAN123 keeps throwing bats and guns at me and I cant do anything! Its so frustrating!"

You need to realize you are not playing some static computer AI, but a human being trying to win in the best way they know how. Starting from mashing buttons with friends- to relying on a particular tactic like rushdown or zoning- to using their character to their fullest potential by using all the tools given to them. To combat this you have to play more but with a different mentality, a mentality with the driving thought of "anything goes" and "no mercy." Make an effort to go into practice mode and figure out punishes for tactics that you don't like to play against, and learn the max damage you can do in every situation. Also there is a multitude of videos of better Zatannas that you can learn from, remember if you see someone succeed against a tactic that you had trouble with and you don't incorporate it into your game then you deserve to lose.

Hope this helps.
Took the time to read it ALL and not skim it, glad i did! Thanks for the advice. My current problem with Frame data is learning the names of her moves, I found the FD but it'll say something like Skilled Illusionist Start up frame/ On hit/ On Block/ Miss and I will have to be like "what was the input again?" but im working on it

Riyo

Noob
Took the time to read it ALL and not skim it, glad i did! Thanks for the advice. My current problem with Frame data is learning the names of her moves, I found the FD but it'll say something like Skilled Illusionist Start up frame/ On hit/ On Block/ Miss and I will have to be like "what was the input again?" but im working on it
Having a notepad is a good way to start.

Nuke-Nin

Noob
Thank you all!
I fought a guy and won 3-0 with Zatanna
I ZONNED him with DB1 from a distance and when he jumped forward I either tilted it upwards to hit him (nightwing/x2 Deathstroke) when I didn't want to do that I used BF2 to keep his back. Using the tip another member said in there guide I smartly used MP (MB) after DB1. occasionally because i am not used to no-mercy anything goes, I used her "Anti-air"? D2(D) and then B3 that was hard as hell to do. (Much less online ._.) and I made smart use of her D1 seeing as it was fast (atleast thats what I got in a last second skim of her Fram Data)

--
Before I made this thread I probably would've stayed in a cornor using Rings (no meterburn) and kept failing at 112+MultiKick(MB), Tomorrow (today ;3) im going to go to my local library and print out that Frame Data and study it Thanks again everyone!

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Hope this helps.
Couldn't have said it better.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Thank you all!
I fought a guy and won 3-0 with Zatanna
I ZONNED him with DB1 from a distance and when he jumped forward I either tilted it upwards to hit him (nightwing/x2 Deathstroke) when I didn't want to do that I used BF2 to keep his back. Using the tip another member said in there guide I smartly used MP (MB) after DB1. occasionally because i am not used to no-mercy anything goes, I used her "Anti-air"? D2(D) and then B3 that was hard as hell to do. (Much less online ._.) and I made smart use of her D1 seeing as it was fast (atleast thats what I got in a last second skim of her Fram Data)

--
Before I made this thread I probably would've stayed in a cornor using Rings (no meterburn) and kept failing at 112+MultiKick(MB), Tomorrow (today ;3) im going to go to my local library and print out that Frame Data and study it Thanks again everyone!
Congrats, keep practicing.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
getting angry means you want to get better which is a good thing , calling it spam is a bad thing , mainly because your putting it in your own head that whatever is being done is unbeatable , granted there are some bad match ups in this game , grundy vs hawkgirl is nearly impossible for grundy .. the more you play the easier it becomes :)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ares main tool was the SPAMMING LOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This is disappointing for me to hear. He has two lows, the D1 (which has TERRIBLE RANGE btw) and the Sword & Axe launcher (in which the axe gives sick oki), his B2 (Overhead) is 19 frames so you can fuzzy guard that.