Someone explain this shit to me in A-B-C terms

HAMMER

Noob
Here's the totality of what I've done so far:

1. Turned on game on Tuesday
  2. Entered Story Mode
a) Story Mode redirected me to complete the brain-dead tutorial
  1. C(k)ompleted Story Mode
  2. Beat Klassic Tower with Shao Kahn (12 opponent version)
  3. Beat four different "Timed Towers" with Shao Kahn; in which, it changed the scenery and now has 6 towers I believe.
  4. Completed the rest of the tutorials
  5. Started to beat every Klassic Tower (5 opponent version to speed things up) in order to unlock every character's ending. Before starting the tower, I complete the specific fighter's tutorial.
a) I've done every row except for the 2nd row, and 3rd row, + Liu Kang/Kitana.
8) Entered Krypt and have unlocked every chest in area 1; area 2; what I could in "Dead Woods" and in area 4 (area in front of the Shao Kahn Hammer) unlocked almost every one of those.

Can someone explain to me what I should be doing in order to maximize the speed in which I can unlock everything in the game?

I feel lost in this shit with all the items and shit. I'm not retarded, I swear!

I also feel like I'm clueless with how to fight in this, even though I've been playing Mortal Kombat since Mortal Kombat I and have never had issues with learning the games.

I was good at MK9/MKX; but, this game seems so foreign to me fighting-wise. But, the fighting feel isn't why I made this thread.

I wasted all of my in-game currency too to unlock what I could so far. I hear they are going to patch the prices of the chests but, I figured to just unlock what I could for now.

Another question:

When I play Klassic Towers, I select the character and it has two options for the character. Are these two the "tournament" variations? Or are these simply the default ones in which the game prompts you to go into "Kustomization" in order to create a viable version?

Also, is Big Dick Kahn a good character? I've been using him the most up until I started to beat all the Klassic Towers with each character and am wondering if I should focus on someone else. In fighting games I prefer to use top tiers.

shrugs

Thanks for serious responses and potent answers. No thanks to the trolls who respond: "Why don't you read?" I read enough at work.

Last edited:

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
For krypt, go online and lookup how to find all items. This process will open most of the krypt and allow you to use your souls to unlock costumes and things.

Make an ai farm towers for you. Even if it fails you get loot and level up. Ive been mopping with ai jax 30 reversal 30 combo.

For variations you can customize them, or make tournament variations(if you play ranked). To make a tournament variation go to customize>select character>abilities>square(ps4)>pick the preset with the trophy icon.

As for how to play, well, nothing but practice and ass whoopings can really help you right now. Unless theres some meta I dont know of the game hasnt been out long enough to have full strategies. Especially with custom variations

HAMMER

Noob
For krypt, go online and lookup how to find all items. This process will open most of the krypt and allow you to use your souls to unlock costumes and things.

Make an ai farm towers for you. Even if it fails you get loot and level up. Ive been mopping with ai jax 30 reversal 30 combo.

For variations you can customize them, or make tournament variations(if you play ranked). To make a tournament variation go to customize>select character>abilities>square(ps4)>pick the preset with the trophy icon.

As for how to play, well, nothing but practice and ass whoopings can really help you right now. Unless theres some meta I dont know of the game hasnt been out long enough to have full strategies. Especially with custom variations
Thanks breh!