What's new

Some questions about aaHPs

I'm new to UMK3 and I've spent a lot of time on this site (great job guys!). Anyway, I know that a lot of huge combos start with aa HPs, but I have a lot of trouble getting them to connect when my opponent jumps in. It seems that jump kicks always beat me out. I think I may be doing them too late. Do I need to try to run under them and hit them before they kick? Some of my problem may be that I am using Reptile a lot and I know that the male ninjas have some issues with their aaHPs.

All about the timing. Try aahp to Freeze with Sub zero at first to practice. You need a feel for who your using as well as the opponents JK. Kano For example has a beastly JK. Practice at first on someone like Lui or a Male Ninja. Practice, and memorize the timing.

They do take a little bit of practice. I always try to time mine at the peak of the of the JK/JP. That always seems to work for me. Kano does have an almost unstoppable JK. I think that you have to punch the tip of his foot, which is a little earlier than the other characters.

Yeah I do that too. With Reptile I miss alot of big damage opportunities because I block since I don't wanna get caught with a combo. It'll come to you though. After a while playing someone you start to see a pattern and you can get the aahp more.

x1 crt

Noob
you'll get the hang of it i had the same problem and it took about a week of praticing and now i get them abour 90% of the time