Some Enchantress Fix Ideas

Discussion in 'Enchantress' started by Andnyal_, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

slicing athame (back 2) - make the hitbox accurate so it doesn't whiff on jumping opponents

Xibalba strke strike (forward 3) - make the hitbox accurate so it doesn't whiff

sweeping athame (jump 2) - make the hitbox accurate so it doesn't whiff on jumping opponents

ancient ritual (1,2) make the hitbox accurate so it doesn't whiff on opponents in the air

evil essence (2,3) remove the nerf to the unblockable damage scaling. she already did barely 300 for it now she barely hits 200

hells gate (Bf 1)- make enchantress be able to combo of a reflection projectile so that it doesn’t interrupt if she gets a hit before the projectile hits

xibalba- improve the hitbox of the explosion

xibalba: demoinc guard- improve the hitbox so that moves don't hit or move through him

xibalba demonic sacrifice- increase the hitbox

Things That shouldn't go through xibalaba:
    - catwomans catdash
    - starfires tamaranean charge
    - atoms fermion fury
    - robins assassin strike
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. kcd117

kcd117 Noob

Maybe the hitboxes are accurate and they are meant to be that way.
    First time they fixed what wasn't broke we had supergirl, last time we had firestorm. Idk but she feels perfectly fine and needs no fixes/buffs.
    God Confirm likes this.
  3. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

So even though the sword will go completely through the opponent it shouldn’t hit... not like the tip of the sword but the whole sword
  4. Flamelurkr

Flamelurkr Noob

Yo if she could reflect starfires trait, starfire would never be used again lol would it send a projectile for each hit a or would it send one? because that would be hilarious to see in match
  5. kcd117

kcd117 Noob

I don't know which move u are talking about, but if it is not supposed to anti air then no, it shouldn't, especially considering she already has a very good d2 for that purpose.
    The_Tile, Espio and Flamelurkr like this.
  6. I thought this char needed nerfs? strong af?
  7. God Confirm

God Confirm We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

@Eldriken can you please edit the title of this thread to say "balance whine" so that it accurately reflects the topic?
    Marinjuana likes this.
  8. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

It would act like supergirl when she does meterburn trait. The first hit will reflect but the ones following after wont
  9. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

I wrote the moves down b2 and 12 and jump 2 all the sword attacks have inaccurate hit boxes. The sword will go completely through the opponent and not hit
  10. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

So if a character has moves that completely go through the opponent and not hit it should just stay in the game... that’s whining... grow up and stop an annoyance to make you life seem better
  11. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

Many players put her in the b tier category so no
  12. I never know wtf spell that ho did so i panic and lose
    Cursa likes this.
  13. GLoRToR

GLoRToR The ire of the Starf!

Let's not shut down entire characters. I'm all for making characters better where they are lacking but the Starfire matchup is a 5-5. What I really think Enchantress needs is more solid tools. The zombie and the curses are nice in a way but they aren't really reliable in my opinion.
    Enchantress' main issue is that she's random af. And yeah, fix her whiffing issues.
    Andnyal_ likes this.
  14. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

Maybe the reflect doesn’t matter but enchantress needs aggressive neutral which is some doesn’t have at all
    GLoRToR likes this.
  15. GLoRToR

GLoRToR The ire of the Starf!

Frankly, I think it's not even just the neutral. It's that she has all those tools which are "good but".
    Cursa likes this.
  16. God Confirm

none of what you just said changes the fact that you want less damage scaling and better hitboxes all over the character, making this indeed a balance whine thread and not a fix thread at all
    gam224 and The_Tile like this.
  17. Sage Leviathan

Sage Leviathan UPR_Sarah_Silverman_

They should make it so her j2 off the Gorilla City antelope is even more ambiguous.
    Ideally, I want to believe I'm being cleaved by an abstract painting.
    Cursa likes this.
  18. God Confirm

do you select the color before typing or do you highlight the text when your done
  19. Cursa

Cursa Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

A good chunk of these aren't fixes, but buffs. Decreased damage scaling on anything is a direct buff.

Like new move? There's maybe 3 characters in the game who might deserve a new move, and even then they should probably be buffed in other ways.

200 for an unblockable move that's a pseudo mixup is already pretty good, especially off a string that restands anyway. It's just an option.

Can't say much on the whiffing stuff but Enchantress just feels solidly mid tier to me imo. Pretty strong footsies, decent counter zoning, good anti-airs and jump in's, and good HTB's post knockdown.
    GLoRToR likes this.
  20. @MylesWright_

@MylesWright_ I'll be back 3ing

So Xibalba walking through a cornered opponent and blowing up offscreen is intentional?
    AkioOf100, Andnyal_ and GLoRToR like this.
  21. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

Lol so reversing a nerf to an unblockable combo setup that you can walk out of or mash out of that’s gets no damage now is whining

Do I have to show a video compilation of her sword going completely through the opponent so you can see for yourself cause clearly you’re not intelligent enough to think about without someone holding your hand
  22. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

First I’m not saying other characters don’t need buffs I merely suggested something that would help her with aggressive neutral without being broken

Second most of what I said were Hitbox fixes... I only said decrease scaling on like 2 things and 1 was reversing a nerf they did to her for no reasoning behind it

Third the unblockable already does 130 by itself and the only way to combo off of the unblockable is by using your trait... so you’re telling me that even if I use my trait a bar of meter actually it’s 2 bars of meter because you have to setup iceblock to get a true unblockable setup and even with abackground bounce that I still shouldn’t be able to get past 250? Even though you can mash out of the unblockable and once enchantress takes a hit or is in block stun that she cannot make xibalba unguard. And it’s not a mix up because you can always option select and grab if she does 2,1 or 2,3 THROUGH XIBALBA.

There’s a reason why competitive players put enchantress in the B tier... she lacks aggressive neutral, she lacks damage output for the meter she uses, she a read heavy character if you read wrong you get punished a lot, she has no true mix maybe when xibalba is out but not without him, she loses to characters if she can’t reflect something that’s a ranged attack, attacks whiff on the opponent because they have a sweet spot in the air where the sword doesn’t hit them even though it goes through them
  23. kcd117

kcd117 Noob

I have never seen that happen, what I have experienced is only the overhead part whiffing and it depends on spacing xibalba correctly, it is not like it whiffs on random ocasions, only when he is stopped too close to the opponent in the corner, but still the second hit connects.

Now back on topic, making her unblockable setup guaranteed is not fine, it is i guessing game the way it is and the risk reward is in her favor. She has options to punish people trying to slip out of it.
    And About the sword moves whiffing, that is not true at all, b2 hits people in the air if you time correctly, 12 is not supposed to be an anti air so I don't see she issue here but it still hits people out of their jumps (otherwise you could blow up the gap simply by jumping) and j2 purpose is to be her ambiguous jump in (and is one of the best in the game at that) and it still can hit people out of the air.
    Marinjuana and Cursa like this.
  24. Marlow

Marlow Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Hitboxes can sometimes be tough to balance with animations, especially on far reaching narrow animations like swords/staff/tails.

Could you please post a clip of what you're referring to with the sword animations?
    AkioOf100 and Andnyal_ like this.
  25. Andnyal_

Andnyal_ Noob

Who said you use 1 2 to anti air it’s called a juggling move... second the only way to guarantee an unblockable is to let xibalba go before the explosion that means she doesn’t get a full combo just the 130 from the unblockable