What's new

Some early thoughts on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
So I'm curious if people share my few gripes with this game so far.

I think this is the best NRS game competitively speaking to date, but there's a few general trends in this game I think might make it better still.

A: I still feel like supers need to be one time use period only. The control some characters gain (Erron Black, Noob), by being in that 30% range seems absurd to me in a way the devs didn't intend.

B: I play Scorpion so, I benefit from this but I feel like throw range needs to be universally nerfed to T-rex limb range levels. Throws are so strong in this game, some characters regular throws start setplay or vortex scenarios (Scorpion, Geras) and can be used in counter poking because they fucking reach as far as d1's and d3's.

C: Characters that completely circumvent flawless block where their strongest stirngs also completely ignore the mechanic. Erron Black and Geras are IMO the worst offenders of this.

D: I feel like flawless block u2 damage should be universally buffed. At this point, I feel like it's simply better to hold the pressure and wait for a more substantial hit.

So yeah, curious on peoples thoughts or their own personal gripes with it.

Chernyy Volk

Sidebar...scorpion vortex set up from throw? Didn’t know that was a thing. Can you elaborate?
Every time Scorpion forward throws you it starts a strike/throw mixup that loops into itself unless you commit to the wakeup. In which case, he can whiff punish that if baited and put you into the same situation again.

I'd rather they increase the throw tech window but keep the range the same.

It's already a 50/50 even if you hit the tech button. That it's possible to be expecting a throw but so much as a 2 frame lag spike is enough to miss it given the short tech window rubs me the wrong way.

Not by much even. Even a few frame increase would cut down on the massive amounts of "god dammit I know I teched that shit" scenarios

MKR

Noob
for me now
Versus stats font should big it not easily to read
it's also very hard to read ID name in Room very small font letter

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You guys just want me to kill myself I get it. This scene is just malicious.
1st of all dont you ever try to play victim expecting people to pity you, EVER! Its not the scene, its YOU! You want people to show you respect but you going around not only trying to play the villain, but you rage quit too many times for anybody to take you serious. AND YOU DO THAT IN TOURNAMENT!?! Who da fuck does that!? That's ULTIMATE scrub tier behavior. THEN you do some fuck shit by posting a status that you're charging people for combos because you got MK11 early? OF COURSE people are going to give you shit because you act like a shitty person. You want people to treat you differently, change your ways. Change how you act. Change how you conduct yourself. Stop playing victim. Period. Otherwise you will remain the clown of the scene and baby boy nobody is ever laughing with you. You choose.

Chernyy Volk

1st of all dont you ever try to play victim expecting people to pity you, EVER! Its not the scene, its YOU! You want people to show you respect but you going around not only trying to play the villain, but you rage quit too many times for anybody to take you serious. AND YOU DO THAT IN TOURNAMENT!?! Who da fuck does that!? That's ULTIMATE scrub tier behavior. THEN you do some fuck shit by posting a status that you're charging people for combos because you got MK11 early? OF COURSE people are going to give you shit because you act like a shitty person. You want people to treat you differently, change your ways. Change how you act. Change how you conduct yourself. Stop playing victim. Period. Otherwise you will remain the clown of the scene and baby boy nobody is ever laughing with you. You choose.
No I understand you're a sadist who likes to push people to suicide. That's fine. I'll keep that in mind.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
early thoughts? Cetriwin is OP and awesome, as is the entire cast
EDIT: but cassie Scorpion ANd Frost Are op and awesome

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
No I understand you're a sadist who likes to push people to suicide. That's fine. I'll keep that in mind.
EDIT No, you clearly don't understand. But I mean, you're entitled to your dumbass opinion. I tried to keep it all the way live with you because I did like you at some point, but I'm done. I guess you're comfortable being the skid mark of the community.... Just don't have TYM smell from your bullshit anymore from now on. K? RIGHTEOUS! Good luck in your future endeavors. Bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.