What's new

Some brutalities still not working even after unlock

Anybody else has this problem? And yes i hit the moves correctly since most i unlocked work fine. Geras sand trap brutalitity never triggers, i can do all the other ones.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Anybody else has this problem? And yes i hit the moves correctly since most i unlocked work fine. Geras sand trap brutalitity never triggers, i can do all the other ones.
I heard some of the descriptions are wrong. Try some different inputs. Like holding a button or direction or something. Or maybe try after a Mercy.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I thought so too until I saw the opponent has to be blocking for it to work lol. I wouldn’t doubt a typo though, they were in the tutorial as well.

For me it's Geras' Stick It Out brutality that doesn't work (50%+ health, Toward Throw holding forward) but the A.I. pulled it off for me once. :D

Sand Trap on the other hand does work. You shouldn't mix it up with the other one though. Sand Trap and Quick Sand are two different moves: the one where the opponent is hammered in the air triggers a Brutality if you have less then 30% health and you hold 1 during the move.

The other one is where Geras sinks into the ground, reappers behind the opponent and slams him/her. For this you have to land the move 3 times during match and finish the game with one. 100% works for me every time.

So if you play the command grab version with the hammering move you don't have to land it 3 times but you can't pull of the brutality if you have more than 30% health. For the other one you must land it 3 times during a match then kill the opponent with another one. Hope it helps.

Yes i know the requirements. I am using quick sand mainly because of its sweet krushing blow. Do i have to combo into it or just do 4 regular ones per match or? I combo into it many times but doesnt seem to work.

Kratilim

Noob
I must confess that I had some trouble initially on some. But I can get almost all of them to trigger very consistently. The uppercut one for example requires you to not block a hit in the second round. That doesn't mean you can block, Just that you can't have actually blocked anything.

DDustiNN

Similarly, I have a real hard time doing Frost’s Fatality. It’s fbd1 close, super easy. I’ve been doing Fatalities since MK1... I definitely know what I’m doing... yet this is the only one that only seems to work 50% of the time and I can’t figure out why.

However, if I do my usual jumping method (jump in, perform the inputs in the air, timed perfectly so the final button press happens right when I land)... I can nail it 100% of the time. But why only 50% of the time if I’m standing?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Still can't get Sonya's kisses brutality to work, I did the Mercy, went full screen, hit the energy rings and nothing happens. I tried to mercy on the 2nd round that didn't work, tried on the 3rd round and that didn't work either. I saw someone who actually was able to do it but it looked like their AI.

It must be the descriptions that are wrong and I hope they fix that really quickly.

DDustiNN

Still can't get Sonya's kisses brutality to work, I did the Mercy, went full screen, hit the energy rings and nothing happens. I tried to mercy on the 2nd round that didn't work, tried on the 3rd round and that didn't work either. I saw someone who actually was able to do it but it looked like their AI.

It must be the descriptions that are wrong and I hope they fix that really quickly.
Well that’s annoying... I just unlocked that one last night and planned to try it out today, haha. Will let you know if I have the same problem!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well that’s annoying... I just unlocked that one last night and planned to try it out today, haha. Will let you know if I have the same problem!
I didn't try to hold 1 so maybe that's it, or perhaps ALL the hits after the Mercy have to come from energy rings only. Maybe try that.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Where did you get that one? Towers?
I got it from the Character Tower Level 3 (or 2? It was the one where you have to do 75 Fatalities and Brutalities).

Liu Kang’s MK1 brutality is fubdf during his forward grab and I can’t nail it
Isn't it FDBUF? Anyway, I guess it's meant for you do to it with your stick pad, not the D-pad. I tried once and it didn't work. Now I do a full circle with my stick and it works.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Raiden's back throw brutality has yet to work for me. I've seen it done on gameplay videos before release so I know its there, and Kotal's back throw Brutal works for me, so IDK if Raiden's has a different requirement.

Also I could not get Geras's f1,1,1, 1+3, brutal to come out no matter how many times, or when I mashed up during the string/animation.

DDustiNN

Isn't it FDBUF? Anyway, I guess it's meant for you do to it with your stick pad, not the D-pad. I tried once and it didn't work. Now I do a full circle with my stick and it works.
That makes sense. Pretty sure that was the motion for his MK1 fatality. I seem to remember it following the motion of his kicks.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
A lot of the brutalities have either really vague descriptions or they omit key elements to trigger the brutality.

For example, Noob Saibot's Decapper throw brutality says to hold BACK during the animation to trigger it. That isn't technically true, you need to hold BACK right as the opponent switches sides with you, so it's technically FORWARD from where your grabbed them.

kotal kahn's "not a violent kahn" description is wrong. i haven't gotten it to work, and i haven't seen anyone get it either.

They need to rework the wording or simplify some of the inputs. I swear i do a million quick sands and nothing happens. Tried it on very easy, after mercy etc.

Ger187

Noob
Raiden's back throw brutality has yet to work for me. I've seen it done on gameplay videos before release so I know its there, and Kotal's back throw Brutal works for me, so IDK if Raiden's has a different requirement.

Also I could not get Geras's f1,1,1, 1+3, brutal to come out no matter how many times, or when I mashed up during the string/animation.
I tried the backthrow brutality from raiden now 3 times and it doesnt work. It says hold throw but it doesnt work for me

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Some brutalities have additional requirements that aren't listed in the tooltips. Go to Kustomize to see the full requirements.
For example, Kung Lao has to not block an attack in the final round to do his d2 brutality.

Ger187

Noob
Some brutalities have additional requirements that aren't listed in the tooltips. Go to Kustomize to see the full requirements.
For example, Kung Lao has to not block an attack in the final round to do his d2 brutality.
Thats in with every d2 brutality

Xzyj

Noob
i found that most of the times there's a lot of additional info in the "Finishing moves" section in the actual match when you go to the movelist, going there might reveal full list of conditions

Ger187

Noob
i found that most of the times there's a lot of additional info in the "Finishing moves" section in the actual match when you go to the movelist, going there might reveal full list of conditions
Nope. I have much brutalities that dont work. Even really easy ones