What's new

Strategy Solving Command Grab Input Error

RYX

BIG PUSHER
More or less a temporary solution to the problem I hope I'm not the only one getting.

There are times when I input the command grab incorrectly and will get a bounce, which sometimes whiffs and leaves me open for punishment.

But let's say you don't have to deal with that, with the simple tactic of holding 3.

By holding down 3 in the command grab inputs, you can immediately dash cancel forwards or backwards while not affecting your command grab if it comes out, giving you an easy way to confirm if you got it right or not.

Additionally, if you have the meter, you can armor the bounce error and punish them for attempting to jump out or move in. If you did the ground bounce and it hits you can set yourself up for a frame trap.

:)

PND_Mustard
Doombawkz
This seems valuable enough to tag you in.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So, you're saying to hold 3 as you do the down, back, forward?
Yes, basically. You'll notice if you mess up and can dash out but if you were to just input and mess up, you can't dash out; the button needs to be held.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That could be a big help. It takes fast fingers for all those inputs in the middle of a match.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
actually i don't really have any issues getting the input out, smokey showed me a very easy technique to land the dbf inputs, you input the db as you would any normal quarter circle motion, and then just tap forward and then 3 after, the amount of time you have to input the f after the db and have the grab STILL come out is insane.

good idea to save yourself if the input is screwed up though, never hurts to be careful :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Aw you :3 It makes my day when I come home from a long days work, look at my TYM alerts and see you think I'm important enough to tag here and there.

That being said, I like it. However, I have a problem that mid-combo if I do this it just comes out as regular 3. Actually lately I've been doing venom upper at the end of combos instead of the grab, I didn't respect the amount of time it gave you to set-up until now. Venom upper, empty jump into a buffered sweep is godlike when it wants to be.

Reactions: RYX

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, its a shame it doesn't give more damage and its EX isn't as good, but it gives you the best wake-up scenario you could ever want and it connects off of almost everything. Double punch is a better counter measure, and sadly air grab doesn't get armor. Its quick start up would've made it the perfect venom 1 parry.

Reactions: RYX
It's not the input I'm having issues with. DBF3 is actually pretty easy if you've touched any MK game since 4.
My problem is the timing of the input during juggles.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Very useful thread, I get that stupid overhead kick in the middle of a match quite often and it's momentum killing. I FINALLY get super man spammers to hold the damn block button and I get that crap. Very annoying good thread