What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Solution to Shinnok's Hellsparks Pressure

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
First off, I am not that good of a player, and may have screwed up somewhere, so if someone wants to test this, much appreciated.

Alright, so Shinnok's Hellspark when MB'd give him a lot of frame advantage (+14) letting him do whatever he wants..... or so we thought.

After some lab time, I discovered a bit of a solution to the problem. First of, you can armor out after the second MB'd spark. So that's one way to get out.

Now, if he MB's the first spark, you have to hold whatever he throws next at you. Since if it's done perfectly, you can't even armor out of it. There is no way to get out of it.

If he MB's the second spark, however, a 6 frame attack WILL get you out, but IF, and only IF, you block the spark standing, not crouching. So always block the sparks standing as it gives him less frame advantage.

Let's see an example. Say the match is a Shinnok mirror match. Shinnok has a 6 frame D1, so he can poke out. The other Shinnok uses F4 (A 7 frame low) and then cancels into Hellsparks and MB's the second spark. The way you block this would be: Crouch block, Standing block, Standing block. The attacking Shinnok now Runs towards you and tries to F4 into Sparks again. If you blocked the sparks standing however, you can D1 out of it and start your own pressure. If you use your own F4 (Again, 7 frame low) and you are frame perfect, you will trade with him and the situation is reset.

Also, reminder that Shinnok's overhead is very punishable (-11) and I see a lot of players not punishing it, and wanted to draw attention to it.

I hope this helps anyone who reads, and thank you for reading.

Last edited: