What's new

Solomon Grundy patch 1.05 changes

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
After the universal anti-air buff, his D2 is going to be a terrifying weapon of mass destruction. The thought of jumping at him and what it's going to lead to at the highest level is making my sphincter loose.

I really hope it catches the early jumping, though this is unlikely. But if it does, just imagine those resets!! Don't know if it will help against some angrabable strings or specials:/

After the universal anti-air buff, his D2 is going to be a terrifying weapon of mass destruction. The thought of jumping at him and what it's going to lead to at the highest level is making my sphincter loose.
I completely forgot about ducking mids getting buffed!!!!need to correct the OP. I wonder if they mean D2 or D1 as it is a medium too. But if D2 is buffed Grundy will become a beast indeed!

I completely forgot about ducking mids getting buffed!!!!need to correct the OP. I wonder if they mean D2 or D1 as it is a medium too. But if D2 is buffed Grundy will become a beast indeed!
Depends on the buff really. They could increase the vertical hitbox or decrease the hurtbox making d2's a universal nearly invincible anti air. If thats the case its kind of a nerf to grundy. one of the things that made him strong was nobody could jump on him consistently except scorpion with his broken jump 1 hit box. If you can't jump on anybody then almost becomes a why play grundy. Either way it will hopefully fix the hole he has for point blank jump/cross overs where the aa grab will sometimes whiff and/or input cross up for a cleaver.

The walking corpse buff seems odd. If it allows him to grab people in what are considered ungrabbable frames that would be a good thing for sure. If it means he just reaches out further that seems really odd. The hitbox already extends past his fingertips slightly making it extend further doesn't seem that big a deal. I don't know if I'd call it a buff or a nerf its kind of indifferent unless it has some absurd range and can grab you full character length away in which case its damn near broken.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I think I am mildy retarded. What is the change to his walking corpse? Will it grab more stuff? Depending on the buff to his D2 I might have an erection that lasts longer than 48 hours.

I think I am mildy retarded. What is the change to his walking corpse? Will it grab more stuff? Depending on the buff to his D2 I might have an erection that lasts longer than 48 hours.
Thats the question we all wonder. The patch notes in the past are hard to decipher. Slight buff to bane's dash speed was a MASSIVE increase to the speed in my opinion. For all we know the reason there are so called unthrowable frames is there is a hit box change that we don't see and the change to walking corpse allows him to grab during those frames. Or maybe he just reaches out further. how far who knows. maybe a little bit maybe a lot. If its just a straight forward more range than I dont really know why they did it. Its technically a buff but doesn't really change much. Pretty rare that I just barely miss a WC hitting. I rarely will do it in a situation where it won't be in range.

I'd still much rather have direction controls on AA grab, maybe direction controls on his pain chain and no cross over on WC controls then a longer reaching WC. Of course if it grabs unthrowable frames then I'm happy.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Longer horizontal range means you can play a better footsie game and potentially blow up projectiles