What's new

Strategy Solomon Grundy BnB Thread

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Chalrie! I sent you 4 things I want you to edit, at the very least reply.
I want to know what do we have left.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I remember when Lord Of the Fly posted a video about this AA long time ago. I mastered it but as CommonNick said I have found that you rarely have an opportunity to do it in a real match. Most of the time you drop it as you have to concentrate on a lot of things other than hight of your AA. I think it is better to go for MB GR after the MB Swamp Hands, just before the reset.

But for Swag you can do D2 MB Grave Rot 11 xx MB Swamp Hands, Grave Rot and procede with the B1 reset into a Trait Grab (preferably Power Chain as you have double GR on and it will do the most damage)
I just kept reading...thanks for the credit.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
corner combo : 99% damage 4 meters :cool:
ji2 b1 db3 MB , 2 db2 MB, ji2 b1 bf3 MB , 2 bf2 MB , b1bf2, 2 health trait .

fr stack

corner quickstand reset starting with a d2 , either grounded or as an AA
option a: d2 113 d2 MB cleaver , option b: d2 113 d2 MB swamp hands , option c: d2 113 d2 WCC trait , option d: d2 113 d2 WC , option e: d2 113 d2 MB grave rot 1b2 trait

Last edited:

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
corner quickstand reset starting with a d2 , either grounded or as an AA
option a: d2 113 d2 MB cleaver , option b: d2 113 d2 MB swamp hands , option c: d2 113 d2 WCC trait , option d: d2 113 d2 WC , option e: d2 113 d2 MB grave rot 1b2 trait
I've been doing a variation of this: d2 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d2xxstuff. Be aware that if the opponent simply tech rolls you risk wasting a bar and getting full combo punished for this. It's pretty neat though, you can even do the d2 3 string with the final d2 and it seems to hit pretty meaty if they don't roll and if they do it'll still connect.

fr stack

I've been doing a variation of this: d2 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d2xxstuff. Be aware that if the opponent simply tech rolls you risk wasting a bar and getting full combo punished for this. It's pretty neat though, you can even do the d2 3 string with the final d2 and it seems to hit pretty meaty if they don't roll and if they do it'll still connect.
to blow up tech rolls id just do a normal into WCC or after the last d2 do swamp gas f1 is great for this

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
to blow up tech rolls id just do a normal into WCC or after the last d2 do swamp gas f1 is great for this
those are great ways with dealing with it. but i just don't see why they wouldn't try to tech up every time after they figure it out though.

fr stack

those are great ways with dealing with it. but i just don't see why they wouldn't try to tech up every time after they figure it out though.
well id only use it once per match if even , most times i see the corner and im thinkin 90% heh heh :joker:
id try it out on people that know my other tricks , the more the merrier !!

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Here's a cool corner combo using the FoS Laser. Builds another bar if you don't have full meter to when you start it.

112~EX Dead Air, Dead Air, 2~Dead Air, Laser, (whiff AA-Grab to build meter), Dead Air, 1~Trait Grab

Does 62% with Health.

fr stack

Here's a cool corner combo using the FoS Laser. Builds another bar if you don't have full meter to when you start it.

112~EX Dead Air, Dead Air, 2~Dead Air, Laser, (whiff AA-Grab to build meter), Dead Air, 1~Trait Grab

Does 62% with Health.
hang on how many dead airs lol definitely gonna mess with this , i love hearing them scream

fr stack

i gotta say that dead air combo is the swaggest thing ive ever seen , there are meter versions using WC MB too its so good haha

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I wonder if there is anything we can implement the whole "whiffing normal to reset damage" thing with swamphands... I don't think so though, since Grundy's fastest recovery is his d1 (at 10 frames).

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I wonder if there is anything we can implement the whole "whiffing normal to reset damage" thing with swamphands... I don't think so though, since Grundy's fastest recovery is his d1 (at 10 frames).
You can whiff like a move and goe for and unscaled trait grab. This works against Aquaman if he gets caught in swamp hands and uses trait.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
I do it with a few interactions, but I haven't really found a good optimal way to use it with strings, normals, or specials.

fr stack

Does 62% with Health.
you can also combo off of a non meterburn cleaver using this interactable , ive been gettin 47% meterless and only just found it :)

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
you can also combo off of a non meterburn cleaver using this interactable , ive been gettin 47% meterless and only just found it :)
Yeah the laser is sick. You can get good unclashable with the transition too. Other things I found you can combo off of are Dead Air, D13, and D3.