What's new

SoCal Regionals 2013: NYChris G to take on GGA 16 Bit in a Money Match

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A small recap on this for those who may be unaware... Kenshi has been called the 'brain-dead' character in Mortal Kombat 9 as of late... meaning, anyone can win with him, right? Well, a competitor who is becoming more and more known in the fighting game community overall, New York's Chris G has recently mentioned on twitter about getting back in to Mortal Kombat and giving it one last "Good try", stating he's picking up Kenshi.

NYChris G is more known in the Mortal Kombat community as a Reptile and most recently, a Noob Saibot player who has gained a reputation for himself to burn lots of meter in the corner with an "I don't care anymore" mentality. However, Chris G is in to win and with him saying he's coming back to Mortal Kombat... he wouldn't be drawing in the hype of the last 24hrs if he was terrible. The truth is... NYChris G may be coming back to show the rest of us how it's done... or will GGA's 16 Bit have what it takes to crush him?

That is where this article comes in to play. With Chris G announcing his return with picking up Kenshi, the ballsy 16 Bit has challenged him to a Money Match at SoCal Regionals 2013 (starting 1/18/13 more info here), It's simple... Chris G's newly trained Kenshi (training by CD Jr) against the Kitana of the World, GGA 16 Bit at SoCal Regionals 2013.

Place your bets! More details to come*

chrisg.jpg

iPhone images via CRUM

Attachments

CRUM

Noob
Man I love 16 Bit and respect him a lot but I'm going with the fighting game messiah, Chris G. He is the number one Marvel player in the world for a reason and is completely familiar with the mechanics of MK9. Training with the Dominicans (specifically CD Sr.) allows me to justify this pick. Plus Kenshi/Kitana is 7-3. It would be disrespectful to place a bet but I'm going with Chris G.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
16 Bit turns down REO's challenge @ NEC but challenges Chris G? Doesn't do MMs my ass....
^
indeed,smh
GGA 16 Bit makes a big issue on how doesnt do money matches, then this.
why couldnt he just be fully honest that it was only because it was REO challeging why he said no, not just added as a sidenote when he was talking about fear of his gimmicks being found out and wanting to play reo as little as possible outside tourny.

withstanding that 16bit is a great player and chris g is a well known FGC member so it will def bring the views in....even outside mk

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I normally do not do money matches. I made this challenge because it's such a funny situation and it's not likely Chris G would play be otherwise. I told REO if he wanted to play me just come ot the GGA room and we did.

However, since I cannot make a single exception and am now being blown up I will go ahead and call it off.

1man3letters

I normally do not do money matches. I made this challenge because it's such a funny situation and it's not likely Chris G would play be otherwise. I told REO if he wanted to play me just come ot the GGA room and we did.

However, since I cannot make a single exception and am now being blown up I will go ahead and call it off.

now to be fair those other comments were made very publicly on a stream while what you just said there was not so much, so im sure you can see why people think it seems fishy,ya know?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
now to be fair those other comments were made very publicly on a stream while what you just said there was not, so im sure you can see why people think it seems fishy,ya know?

i told him on OBS if he wanted to play at NEC to just come to the GGA room. I said that in public.

1man3letters

i told him on OBS if he wanted to play at NEC to just come to the GGA room. I said that in public.
ah cmon man be fair, you didnt have a big long rant about how he could just come and play you if he wanted,
you went on alot more about wanting to not playing him outside tourny if possible etc etc.thats want i meant by instead of sidenotes.
im sure yourself and reo know how it is but you gotta see how it can look also

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ah cmon man be fair, you didnt have a big long rant about how he could just come and play you if he wanted,
you went on alot more about wanting to not playing him outside tourny if possible etc etc.thats want i meant by instead of sidenotes.
im sure yourself and reo know how it is but you gotta see how it can look also

No shit, I flat out said strategically it's in my best interest not to do it. I did keep it real.