What's new

so, you wanna be one of those top ranked guys....

well if you ever wanted to be one those top ranked guys in xbla, let me tell you its pretty damm easy. i was just watching some of the match videos and was thinking how much trouble bills kabal was giving shock in that exccii tournament.

now im not a kabal player but, i know how to play umk3. so, i was like let me play kabal for a little bit. after seeing the match video ofcourse. i forgot how easy kabal was. i guess i never liked him for that fact and always liked the underdog anyways.

so, im playing kabal online. people just dont know how to play against him, plus with the cheapness and xbla built into the mix he's a tuff cookie. after i knocked the rust off, i was amazed at the fact that i did'nt lose one match out 50 games i went up like 6 trueskill ranking.

i m really suprised at the fact its just not all kabal 24/7 online.

but, if your one of those people who are looking to move up, play kabal he's pretty easy, its funny to hear people get mad over the mic becaue of kabal. :lol:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
96 Hour Mileena.

Anyway, unfortunately the average MK player doesn't pick up on tiers, or character strengths and that Kabal is the most efficient character. The really good players tend to use a lot of characters so Kabal doesn't matter all the time. If everyone learned Kabal things would be different, but the better than average players use him and Nightwolf a lot.

XL

Noob
I'm well aware of the tier lists, but there are just some characters that fit my playing style better than others, such as Sindel, Sonya, and the Female Ninjas.

I'm just not a good Kabal player. Period. I've tried and tried, but it doesn't matter, he's just not my style.

I run into Kabal all the time. I just go H smoke and Get him though, so Kabals don't get me as often as A good nightwolf or *tear* Sindel.

XL

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
or *tear* Sindel.
lol, Kabal may be a big weakness to some people, but you just can't get a break against Sindel, can you? You run right into to her autocombo everytime, lol.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Shock said:
96 Hour Mileena.

Anyway, unfortunately the average MK player doesn't pick up on tiers, or character strengths and that Kabal is the most efficient character. The really good players tend to use a lot of characters so Kabal doesn't matter all the time. If everyone learned Kabal things would be different, but the better than average players use him and Nightwolf a lot.
Yeah, I know what you mean. One would expect to always see a flood of Kabals online, but that just isn't the case. Like you said, it's probably because most of the people who are smart enough to know he's the best are also good enough not to rely on a god-tier character.

Also, I personally find the "b,f" motion to be one of the easier commands to mess up on the 360 controller. Not sure if that contributes to the relative lack of Kabal traffic, or if it's just a coincidence.

abc ur dead0 said:
Not for me. I find the B, B, D, HK one harder.

modd your controllers d-pad mine works great only time i usually mess up is when my stupid analog stick messes up and holds to the left

ilovepoop said:
abc ur dead0 said:
Not for me. I find the B, B, D, HK one harder.

modd your controllers d-pad mine works great only time i usually mess up is when my stupid analog stick messes up and holds to the left
Its not that my Controller Fucks up on that move its just that its alot more Button presses than B, F, Lk

My controller barely messes up. Only sometimes when Im trying to telepunch, I uppercut instead. I have a very Loose Dpad, and it works great for me. I can't play UMK on anyone elses Controller, im too used to mine.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
abc ur dead0 said:
My controller barely messes up. Only sometimes when Im trying to telepunch, I uppercut instead.
Interesting; I tend to have the exact opposite problem. I try to uppercut, and instead the d,b+HP special move comes out (square punch, telepunch, knife throw, etc).

BustaUppa said:
abc ur dead0 said:
My controller barely messes up. Only sometimes when Im trying to telepunch, I uppercut instead.
Interesting; I tend to have the exact opposite problem. I try to uppercut, and instead the d,b+HP special move comes out (square punch, telepunch, knife throw, etc).

i just wanted to note that busta would be the only person to put the knife throw in

BustaUppa said:
I have that problem too. I try to uppercut and instead throw ice showers and turn the match completely around. Just ask XL lol.

XL

Noob
Hey now, to be fair to me, that has only happened in like one or two matches. But yeah, you would have won them without the D-Pad screwing you up.

I know I sound like a broken record, but a MadCatz controller would really help. The only character it doesn't help is Kano, and that's because he has special moves on both sides. D-F-HP and D-B-HP, so he tends to do one or the other if you aren't careful and focus on pressing straight down instead of pressing the down button at a slant which might cause you to mess up.

XL said:
Hey now, to be fair to me, that has only happened in like one or two matches. But yeah, you would have won them without the D-Pad screwing you up.
Yeah, I didn't mean it happens ALL the time, but it has happened several occasions. Not bickering though as my mess ups were turned in your favor and you won fair and square hehe.

Just recently I've noticed I've been doing it more often and costing me matches thanks to it. Hopefully I'll get that MadCatz controller soon.

XL

Noob
Yeah, that's why before I got a MadCatz controller, I stayed far away from Unmasked Sub Zero. I'm suprised you can use him so damn well with a normal D-Pad. I'll hate to face you when you get a good D-Pad. :shock: